• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 010 Boards!!!

Scruff

None
Contributor
Flyman shot me the news:

Non Select SNA. Pro-rec NFO

3.21, 53 6/7/6

Congrats to all once again...

freudianmouse

Yet another lurker here. I applied for intel and SNA, I wasn't pro-rec'd for intel but I was for SNA!

22/M
BA from St. Mary's College of Maryland
Major: Psychology
Minor: Neuroscience
GPA: 3.69
Additional coursework in Chinese language and Asian cultures
ASTB: 6/5/5/60
Activities: Rugby my freshman year of college, honors' societies and research junior/senior year
Jobs: Standard high school/college work experience, currently a research assistant
No interviews

freudianmouse

My recruiter emailed me Friday to say that I was "not selected at the January intel board." Having said that, my recruiter also just found out that I was pro-rec'd SNA, and said Friday that those results weren't available.

P3toP8

Thats another shocker! I would have thought you would have gotten your second choice at the very least. So are you going to wait another 6 months and then apply with those scores?

I still in a little shock too, not that anything is owed to me, I just think I have a competitive package.

It's still to early to tell whether I'm gonna retake the test. I'm definitely resubmitting asap. I'm in the reserves and evals are coming out, I will get a EP and I got sailor of the quarter, I've only been there 6 mo., that should say something.

strife70

Just called my recruiter again today. He said I was non select for all 3 of my choices including NFO (first choice). Here's my stuff if anyone is interested

59 7/6/6
Math degree 3.1 gpa from University of Florida

My LORs were well written and personal but none from current or prior military. Several athletics but none in college, just intramurals and a little volunteer work ~100 hours. I think my motivational statement was fairly well written too

well in any case I'm somewhat confused because my name is not even on flyman's list for NFO pro rec or not. It just doesn't appear anywhere. Anyone have any idea what happened? I submitted early November

beaverslayer

pilot
well in any case I'm somewhat confused because my name is not even on flyman's list for NFO pro rec or not. It just doesn't appear anywhere. Anyone have any idea what happened? I submitted early November

Sounds like you probably got rolled to a later board, like a few other people mentioned earlier.

pt6776

heard from my CMC today that i was pro rec for intel, but would like to see something in writing. Mr. Elam said the fleet msg would be out in the 3rd week of FEB

AG3HEATHER

Thanks. I am just wondering what recent numbers have been if they are public knowledge?

I applied to the Air Force board and the numbers were about 1/3 of last years so I wanted to know if the Navy is making similar cuts

Hey there. That's a resonable assumption. Keep in mind who is in power and the funding he is providing to launderers and the like instead of investing in national defense and our military.

AG3HEATHER

Sounds like you probably got rolled to a later board, like a few other people mentioned earlier.

I just wanted to thank you for posting John 15:13. It is the truth and that is a right perspective especially for those serving. Congrats on your selection! I will find out this week whether I was selected for Intel since it seems the lists were released on the fourth of this month. When are you set to go?

mjulian

Lingerer
Hurray!!!! Non-select SNA and NFO!!!:(

More waiting to come for me as I am re-applying. Congratulations to all those who were selected. Commiserations to those who are like me and were not.

To all those who weren't:
Keep your head up and stay positive. Everything happens for a reason. For now, just bust your ass to improve so that you may prove to them that you deserve a selection.

Catch y'all on the next thread

P.S. I believe I am still owed some beer. :)

Gus Gorilla

I got my phone call today.
Pro-Rec SNA! Pro-Rec NFO! I can barely contain myself.
Congrats to all the others selected and maybe we'll meet in the future. To those who didn't, Mjulian is right. Heads up, there's a reason for everything. Stats as follows.
27/m
SNA/NFO/AMDO
Kickass prior E of 4yrs
Fast promotions, evals, EP/EP/EP
Secret clearance from prior.
BST 3.35 from a no-name state-U in KS
Professional recommendations from my past two employers and an internship who's offer I turned down.
Personal recommendations from my college Advisor, A lifetime friend and Prior-E. And an amazing piece of Navy writing from a Current E whom I served with.
ASTB 7/7/6 64
Good High PRT
Good Motivational Statement (I like it and it speaks to my drive)
No Med problems.
No Legal problems.

flyman3456

Goshawk
My OR also contacted the SNA/NFO program manager today, only to find out he was unavailable.... because he was currently in the pilot/nfo boards. It's pretty interesting how a period at the end of a sentence can make it appear that i'm not completely enthralled.

DING DING DING! And the winner of "Who can spread the most accurate rumor" is visual scan! Where would you like your beer mailed?