• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

January 010 Boards!!!

visual_scan

haha! thank you, thank you, for this most prestigious award! For the time being, please accept on my behalf. I know the opportunity to take receipt from one commissioned officer to another will come soon enough!

turtlehead

Hmm that's interesting..

My officer recruiter told me that they put a hold on the February boards and are rolling them until March, or at least that's what he said beginning of January (~15th). Could have been changed, not sure though! Good luck if they do happen!

flyman3456

Goshawk
Hmm that's interesting..

My officer recruiter told me that they put a hold on the February boards and are rolling them until March, or at least that's what he said beginning of January (~15th). Could have been changed, not sure though! Good luck if they do happen!

This is correct. The Feb board appears to be for the rollovers from January. If you missed the Jan deadline, you will be in for March

Gus Gorilla

MEPS blows. I have to admit, the lady who took my blood did it in record time. And I've had blood drawn by the Navy countless times. She poked then pressed my vein from elbow to hand then back to elbow and it was full. I was shocked. But the next 2 weeks of blue and green arm kind of sucked.

MEPS blows. I have to admit, the lady who took my blood did it in record time. And I've had blood drawn by the Navy countless times. She poked then pressed my vein from elbow to hand then back to elbow and it was full. I was shocked. But the next 2 weeks of blue and green arm kind of sucked.

lol yeah I'm sure its a long and boring process. Hopefully it goes well and smoothly for me. 2 weeks! Thats a while

visual_scan

MEPS is hilarious. Be sure not to let the "medical equipment operators" (as I like to call them) rush you through anything. Fully understand what is exected of you on each test, particularly for vision. I failed the depth perception test the first time like many others here have. I Met with an opthalmologist the next morning for a full eye exam... no problems. They will be pushing you through quickly, and they will not be behaving in a way that considers how important any one exam is for your future. Fully understand each test before you start, and take charge as necessary.

NAVYBM2

Contributor
MEPS is hilarious. Be sure not to let the "medical equipment operators" (as I like to call them) rush you through anything. Fully understand what is exected of you on each test, particularly for vision. I failed the depth perception test the first time like many others here have. I Met with an opthalmologist the next morning for a full eye exam... no problems. They will be pushing you through quickly, and they will not be behaving in a way that considers how important any one exam is for your future. Fully understand each test before you start, and take charge as necessary.
Absolutely agree!
I too failed the depth perception and had a private exam! As far as I understand only about 40% of that people at MEPS pass that exam. So if someone here fails, don't freak out like I did. I couldn't sleep for about a week, then I met with the doc. and all was well. You can get a waiver for failing it at MEPS, however there will be another exam at OCS. My doctor advised me to train for it, yes you can train for the depth perception test! Go to a local book store and pick up a book called the Magic Eye, it has a lot of those pictures that you can see after a while in 3D. Look at it every day, it is good brain and eye stimulation, so that way when the exam comes you know exactly what to do with your eye. It is important because I got rushed through it and failed with flying colors. I mean I couldn't even see the ones that she was pointing out.

Good Luck to all!!!