• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 2 DEC 2019

ash204

Have any civilians heard about Intel? It sounds like it's mostly current/prior service members who are finding out.

BrekerT

Have any civilians heard about Intel? It sounds like it's mostly current/prior service members who are finding out.

I have not yet. I am prior service. My recruiter is not the best at communicating. Still hoping for something soon.

BubbleRed

I am prior service as well. My recruiter said my final results were not posted yesterday, and to expect to probably hear Friday at the latest.

sldm992

I was not selected and was told it was because of a low OAR. 34 were selected for intel. I will continue to apply though as a lot has happened since my package was put together months ago so maybe some of that can overshadow the low OAR score, it doesn't hurt to try and its better than giving up.

TR_9124

Just got the call from my CO, selected for 1830!

Stats for reference:

28 Years Old
IS1 (IW/EXW/PJ) 9.5 years active
Multiple deployments with a JSOTF as an IS, intimately familiar with all aspects of the IWC as represented through my Evals and LoRs
Bachelors: Homeland Security- 3.92 GPA
Masters: Intelligence Management - Just Started
OAR: 48
Appraisals: 3x O-6 1830's
LoRs: O-8 (1830), O-5 (O-6 select 1830) - Directly worked with both and received personal endorsements

Zandro

I was not selected and was told it was because of a low OAR. 34 were selected for intel. I will continue to apply though as a lot has happened since my package was put together months ago so maybe some of that can overshadow the low OAR score, it doesn't hurt to try and its better than giving up.
What was your OAR?

Law_to_1830

Finally Pro-Rec Y! I think this was my 3rd time applying. The really strange thing is that my recruiter says I was selected for Cryptology - not Intel. I got a good score on my OAR (including math) and I took 1 semester of Calculus and a couple extremely basic computer courses (not programming courses). However, I don't have a STEM degree. So I'm not sure how that happened.

Does anyone know any Cryptology officers I can talk with so that I can get more details? I would like to be in the best possible position for success.