• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 2 DEC 2019

Finally Pro-Rec Y! I think this was my 3rd time applying. The really strange thing is that my recruiter says I was selected for Cryptology - not Intel. I got a good score on my OAR (including math) and I took 1 semester of Calculus and a couple extremely basic computer courses (not programming courses). However, I don't have a STEM degree. So I'm not sure how that happened.

Does anyone know any Cryptology officers I can talk with so that I can get more details? I would like to be in the best possible position for success.
I am an 1810. If you have any questions you can message me if you like.

Law_to_1830

@Law_to_1830 I know a few, message me and I'll get you in touch with them soon. 1810 I'm assuming?
Thank you very much!

I had already done a lot of research and networking for Intel, since that was the only IWC role I thought I had any chance of getting given my lack of STEM training. So I would love to learn more about CW!

Yes. The recruiter said it was 1810.

I am an 1810. If you have any questions you can message me if you like.
Fantastic! I will message you right away.

Here are my stats, by the way. I know they help out with getting some gouge for the board.

Active Duty: IS1 (IW) - newly frocked
Evals: MP (Periodic - welcome aboard), EP (Periodic #3 of 45), MP
Undergrad: 3.6 Business and Economics - SEC School
Graduate: 3.7 MBA - SEC School
OAR: 67
Appraisals: 06 (CVN XO), 05 (CVN IO), 04 (CVN AIO)
LORs: 4-Star, 2-star (both Navy)
Applied for: Intel

4th Application

Congrats TR_9124, i doubt i know you, but with your stats i would have been surprised to see you not make it. Hope to see you in Newport or Dam Neck soon!

EM123

Finally Pro-Rec Y! I think this was my 3rd time applying. The really strange thing is that my recruiter says I was selected for Cryptology - not Intel. I got a good score on my OAR (including math) and I took 1 semester of Calculus and a couple extremely basic computer courses (not programming courses). However, I don't have a STEM degree. So I'm not sure how that happened.

Does anyone know any Cryptology officers I can talk with so that I can get more details? I would like to be in the best possible position for success.

Same thing happened to me. I got IP without applying for it and without any stem background whatsoever. I have a masters in intelligence and bachelors in political science. My guess is they just have a need for bodies in the other designators as intel is definitely one of the more popular ones.

SunP

Same thing happened to me. I got IP without applying for it and without any stem background whatsoever. I have a masters in intelligence and bachelors in political science. My guess is they just have a need for bodies in the other designators as intel is definitely one of the more popular ones.
I wish there’s a list somewhere we can just check the result instead of waiting....

Jmanstar

Crazy how a huge amount of people found out if they were selected or not today makes me think a little less on my odds.

Law_to_1830

Interesting. That makes sense. I had thought some IWC designators strictly required STEM degrees, but I guess not. Thanks, and I hope you do well in IP!

BubbleRed

Congrats. Curious...What were your stats?

Np. second time applying.

Prior Service TM2(SS) Evals: EP, EP, MP
Undergrad Sociology and Government 3.4 GPA, UT-Austin
Masters in Global Policy w/ focus in Security, Law and Diplomacy 3.2 GPA, UT-Austin.
LORs O-10 (intel), O-6 (former CO), O-6 (Former XO) O-6 (Army), CIA officer (who was Army O-5 before the agency).

I have been in this process for over 2 years. Keep at it and keep applying. Good luck to all selects and future selects.

exNavyOffRec

Interesting. That makes sense. I had thought some IWC designators strictly required STEM degrees, but I guess not. Thanks, and I hope you do well in IP!

They say strongly preferred, and usually in each board they will give about 10% of IP and CW to non-tech, now several years ago a friend attended a briefing where they said the long term goal is to merge Intel, IP, and CW