• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 2 DEC 2019

TR_9124

@sldm992 Gotcha, wasn't sure if you were in already. They're probably starting your initial clearance investigation in the event your selected for whatever designator you applied for. The initial can take upwards of 18 months to clear, dependent upon your history and everything else on the e-qip.

sldm992

@sldm992 Gotcha, wasn't sure if you were in already. They're probably starting your initial clearance investigation in the event your selected for whatever designator you applied for. The initial can take upwards of 18 months to clear, dependent upon your history and everything else on the e-qip.
Thanks for that! But wow, that is a long time. I'm guessing you can't go to OCS until that initial investigation is completed, right?

TR_9124

@sldm992 You can still go to OCS while the investigation is ongoing. Same occurs on the enlisted side with some people still enlisting and getting IWC ratings (jobs) and going through A school without their clearance complete yet. I've seen people get to their first command and wait another 6 months to do their actual job waiting on their clearance, but I'm sure that's in rare, unusual cases.

sldm992

@sldm992 You can still go to OCS while the investigation is ongoing. Same occurs on the enlisted side with some people still enlisting and getting IWC ratings (jobs) and going through A school without their clearance complete yet. I've seen people get to their first command and wait another 6 months to do their actual job waiting on their clearance, but I'm sure that's in rare, unusual cases.
Oh okay. That sounds fine then. Thanks for explaining it!

Jmanstar

I saw the old thread was deleted and am glad a new one is created but hopefully we hear something the first week of January

CowboyFan15

Not to put you on the spot but questions like these are getting old and annoying. Do you really think someone who has vital information is going to hold out posting on here?

Aside from telling SO/family, people are going to rush to AWs to post news.
I get it that these kinds of questions happen every single board, but we as the applicants are patiently waiting to hear some of the most important news of our lives. There’s a lot riding on this for some of us. This person may not have access to anything BOL, CoC, or Their OR is on leave since it’s Christmas. There’s no need to single him out and put him on blast.

This is the kind of thing that turns people away from posting here, or from asking a simple question in fear of someone putting them on blast in front of what could be their future classmates and fellow officers... even if it is just to strike up friendly dialogue about how miserable we all are while waiting.
I know it’s the internet and people’s feelings get hurt a lot easier these days, but that negative vibe doesn’t have a place here

Firneir

I get it that these kinds of questions happen every single board, but we as the applicants are patiently waiting to hear some of the most important news of our lives. There’s a lot riding on this for some of us. This person may not have access to anything BOL, CoC, or Their OR is on leave since it’s Christmas. There’s no need to single him out and put him on blast.

This is the kind of thing that turns people away from posting here, or from asking a simple question in fear of someone putting them on blast in front of what could be their future classmates and fellow officers... even if it is just to strike up friendly dialogue about how miserable we all are while waiting.
I know it’s the internet and people’s feelings get hurt a lot easier these days, but that negative vibe doesn’t have a place here

Wholeheartedly agree with you.

alohse

This is just part of the Navy man, you've got to expect that crusty sailors are just dicks, and I say that in the most loving way. Just expect the dicks and you won't get your feelings hurt.

TR_9124

@CowboyFan15 Agreed and as I said weeks ago, I'd expect them next week. A large number of applicants plus holiday stand down, they needed more time than normal. I'd say the board has been done, but I'm sure there is a ridiculous amount of paperwork involved.