• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

heads up

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
If you ask me, the only persons in the Navy that should need to run 1.5 or more are Seals. The rest of us, it should be a 1,000' sprint over knee knockers, because that's the furthest you'll ever have to run!

FlyinRock

How short sighted is that? Are you going to be aboard the boat forever? If you go down someplace not of your choosing, with your attitude, thats where they'll find the body.
Sorry dude/dudette. Good physical condition is literally the difference in life or death.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
You may look sharp in uniform and you may be a PT stud, but if you can't relate to and effectively lead your people what good are you.
So your slow ass is the the lead from behind type.:eek:

I hate that skinny bitch. He might be faster than me, and max his pft run, but I can throw his skinny ass over a wall and kick the shit out of him.
Let the record show a P-3 guy claims to be tuff.:D

regular workouts in Aikido, fast walking, doing stomach exercises like pushing myself away from the table
I heard you practice Aikido on your IFS students....or at least that is how they feel.:D

"If the fuckers catch me it ain't going to be fun...."
The voices in your head are talking again.:D

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Only when it comes to skinny guys FLYT!
Ive got the short man syndrome and direct it against skinny tall bastards!

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
This is a good point. So then...beer at the finish line + hot runner girls for pacers = outstanding PRT scores all around. It can't get much simpler.

We floated this proposal up to make the PRT last fall be Navy Fitness Day. IT was gonna start wit hthe PRT, then basically be a big bash the rest of the day.

In the name of fitness, of course.

We were gonna have a local metal band play during the run (and after), get Hooters to cater it with wings and beer, and bring some of their wait staff.

The PRT guy was all over it. He had all the prices and logistics worked out and was ready to go.

The front office? Not so much.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
For some reason I am envisioning you slapping Napoleon Dynamite and throwing him over a wall.

That sounds about right. He'll prolly go on to get a 79.9 in Primary, select jets, get Iron man around the boat, go to a single seat superbug squadron, flame migs, and win a flying cross. But i will still have thrown him over a quarter of a mile one time.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
That sounds about right. He'll prolly go on to get a 79.9 in Primary, select jets, get Iron man around the boat, go to a single seat superbug squadron, flame migs, and win a flying cross. But i will still have thrown him over a quarter of a mile one time.
Shoot down 5 MIGS and they call you an "Ace"........get beat up by one P-3 guy they call you a homo:D

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
So why does someone need to get jumped on for having good personal physical fitness standards? Every should definately meet the minimums but if you want to go above and beyond thats your thing.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
So why does someone need to get jumped on for having good personal physical fitness standards? Every should definately meet the minimums but if you want to go above and beyond thats your thing.

i.e. If the minimums weren't good enough, they wouldn't be the minimums!

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
We floated this proposal up to make the PRT last fall be Navy Fitness Day. IT was gonna start wit hthe PRT, then basically be a big bash the rest of the day.

In the name of fitness, of course.

We were gonna have a local metal band play during the run (and after), get Hooters to cater it with wings and beer, and bring some of their wait staff.

It would have been a glorious experiment...I can only imagine the fitness revolution that would start in the Navy.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"You know what, Stan, if you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair, like your pretty boy over there, Brian, why don't you just make the minimum 37 pieces of flair?"

But they want us to express ourselves. You don't want to express yourself?

zoomie08

Fast, Neat, Average...
I class up Friday and those in A-pool today might have noticed we were pulled aside during PT this morning and we had to take a PRT this morning before classing up. Apparently the class that started last Friday had a bunch of failures in their class on the PRT yesterday morning and so for my class they decided we should take a PRT before classing up and if you failed you would not class up. In my group this morning a couple people did not pass the run. I don't know if this is going to be a new policy or not, but I figured I'd give yall a heads up that this happened and to keep in shape.

Maybe that is why I got a call saying I would class up this week instead of next week...