• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HBO series "The Pacific" preview

Yankee Uniform Tango
Updated link above. You can now watch the trailer in high-res (link on bottom left).

According to this article, one of the episodes will be one continuous battle scene (Peleliu, would be my guess). :eek:

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
...one of the episodes will be one continuous battle scene (Peleliu, would be my guess). :eek:

I think it's going to be the Peleliu Airfield episode. Read that somewhere. Episode guide from www.pacificfans.com:

1 - Guadalcanal/Leckie
2 -Guadalcanal/Basilone
3 -Melbourne
4 - Gloucester/Pavuvu/Banika
5 - Peleliu Landing
6 - Peleliu Airfield
7 - Peleliu Hills
8 - Iwo Jima
9 - Okinawa
10- Home

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
HBO has a site up with a bunch of promo vids, including the trailers. Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg are interviewed. Spielberg mentions it was a physical conflict, but also one within the individual soldiers/Marines. Sounds like the producers have a good grasp of the subject matter.

http://www.hbo.com/events/pacific/video.html

I'm pumped for this!

OSUbeaver

Time to musk up
pilot
Just got off the phone with Cox Cable, they are running a special, 6 bucks a month instead of the usual 12 for the next three months no contract required...just long enough to watch the entire series. I can't wait for Sunday.

NAVYBM2

Contributor
Oh man this is going to be great! I can't wait! They better have some stories in there with the "GRAY GHOST."

FlyinRock

What is neat is I spent some time with Sid Phillips at his home south of Mobile and he was proud to show me a certificate signed by LtCol L.B. Puller when he was involved with the reserves in New Orleans. I'm looking forward to the series.
Semper Fi
Rocky

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Is there a way to watch online that isn't shady?

I know eddie wasn't going here, but just a reminder that Webmaster has requested/edicted (I like making up words) that discussions of said shady methods stays off AW.