• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GUSTAV: Massive Evil Hurricane of Death! Panic!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Then we'll have these hordes of helos and supply convoys motoring around looking for something to do. Everybody and their dog will be converging on the city if Gus hits. Of course, in the spectrum of problems, too much help is better than too little, but an embarassment of riches creates a whole 'nother set of difficulties.

Little kids on a soccer field.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Little kids on a soccer field.

Heh. I like it. Imagine an Air Force colonel on the sidelines as the screaming asshole soccer dad and the picture's perfect.

All's quiet for the moment. Not even raining right now, though I think it'll resume shortly.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Well guys, I'm in McComb, MS at the moment, about 20 miles north of the LA/MS line on I-55.

Should be a ride!

I'll catch up with you guys when the dust settles. Be safe everyone.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Morning, sports fans.

Lots of wind and rain. Some tornadoes in the area. But, obviously, we still have power, which is pretty miraculous for around here.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
The sky up in milton is a VERY EERIE brown... perhaps the calm before Armageddon starts?

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
I wonder how much backlash there will be if there is minimal damage after they ordered the evacuation.

UMichfly

pilot
None
I wonder how much backlash there will be if there is minimal damage after they ordered the evacuation.

Tons dude. Welcome to our reactionary society that is spoon-fed by Fox News/CNN/MSNBC/(Insert inane, overdramatic cable news channel here). I'm still putting money on the fact that half of the flooding pictures we're seeing today are the result of fire hydrants opened by the news crews :D.

bb1125

None
I was just wondering the same thing. The evacuation went amazingly well, almost 2 million evacuated and it doesn't look like they got hit too hard. Even though they're still watching the levees. So, in the end, if all is well, Bush and the rest of the government will probably get hammered for uprooting all of those poor families. We'll just have to wait and see.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Its a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

You don't evacuate, Gustsav slam NO, and its back to "George Bush hates black people". Everyone loses.

You evacuate the city b/c the weather guessers say that Gustav is going to schwack NO, but instead, it doesn't. Now, you have people pissed off because you told them to leave.. even though they knew what could happen if they didn't.

Seem that the only way the gov't could win this one was to evacuate and then have NO get schwacked. But wait, if the levees didn't hold, isn't that the gov't fault too?

People don't realize that Pres. Bush and the rest of the federal gov't and state gov't didn't decide to build a city below sea level in the middle of hurricane alley.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Either that, or Mayor Nagin will look like a doofus for all the "Everybody run! Gustav will kill you all! Storm of the century!" announcements he made.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
So with all the A/C that they couldn't hangar at Whiting up in Nashville, what are the odds on my early am brief tomorrow? Any takers?