• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GUSTAV: Massive Evil Hurricane of Death! Panic!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Its a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation ...
Some of you already alluded to it.

It's what happens when our society lives & breathes & dies by that media-hysteria
driven freight train that thinks every affliction known to man can be addressed w/ a massive bureaucratic response .... :)

And the response is usually "too little", "too late", or "too wrong".

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
You might be getting worked up over nothing.

I have yet to see anyone go apesh!t over the forced evacuation, yet you all are conjecturing a negative spin, then getting frothed in some righteous rage over it.

Why don't we see how it goes before the fist-shaking irritation starts?:icon_wink

MasterBates

Can't speak for where/when the whiting birds are, but when I stopped for gas in Ft. Smith AR last night on my way back from Boston, it was mobbed with Navy T-6s and SNFOs.

When I and the other pilot walked into the FBO discussing coming up with a flight plan to get back to NQI from FSM we saw an AF SNFO sitting on the couch looking like someone had shot his dog. I pointed at him and jokingly said "HE CAN DO OUR FLIGHT PLAN".

I thought the AF Weenie was about to shit himself and he was looking for the shortest escape route from the 2 LTs who had just walked in.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Can't speak for where/when the whiting birds are, but when I stopped for gas in Ft. Smith AR last night on my way back from Boston, it was mobbed with Navy T-6s and SNFOs.

When I and the other pilot walked into the FBO discussing coming up with a flight plan to get back to NQI from FSM we saw an AF SNFO sitting on the couch looking like someone had shot his dog. I pointed at him and jokingly said "HE CAN DO OUR FLIGHT PLAN".

I thought the AF Weenie was about to shit himself and he was looking for the shortest escape route from the 2 LTs who had just walked in.

It's pretty mean to pick on a dude with about 10 hours of flying (total), but damn, that is funny.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Looks like you P'cola/Whiting guys aren't totally out of the woods yet, Hanna just became a Cat I. Looks a bit east at the moment, but it will be interesting to see what effect (if any) a dissipating low (Gustav) over the TN river valley has on it's track. There is also a strong disturbance west of the Cape Verde islands which looks like it might become something....

Edit: I guess JAX is probably first in line for this one...

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
kosinskioct15.jpg

Somebody say media frenzy??? I can't wait to see this crap again...
"Hey, this shot is boring...someboday get a fucking canoe for effect...and get the rednecks out of here!!!"

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Looks like you P'cola/Whiting guys aren't totally out of the woods yet, Hanna just became a Cat I. Looks a bit east at the moment, but it will be interesting to see what effect (if any) a dissipating low (Gustav) over the TN river valley has on it's track. There is also a strong disturbance west of the Cape Verde islands which looks like it might become something....

Edit: I guess JAX is probably first in line for this one...

I'd be more worried about Beaufort MCAS, Parris Island and more so Hunter AAF (home of the 160th SOAR).

Hozer, I like how someone photochopped in Fox News on that picutre... here's the original video: