• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

exNavyOffRec

True, I understand that. It's just that my school calculates and replaces classes that were retaken which is why I have a higher gpa on my transcript vs what the Navy calculates.

I think your recruiter may have messed that up, they should be taking the info from your transcripts, GPA credits attempted and GPA points earned and transferring that to the GPA calculation sheet.

1812TC

Was it your OR you followed up with or someone at NRC?
The ASTB is meant to be an indicator of one's potential to succeed through flight school. Is it 100% accurate? Absolutely not, but it's the only system in place.

Colleges and even certain employment fields like the police have aptitude tests in place as a check, so it's not like this is a first of its kind.
Read the first half of that response again... the answer is there.
I'm not familiar enough with the NRC package approval to board process to be sure of this, but in the 13 Aug SNA thread, @AROBLES93 said that he (an active duty guy, I assume) was able to check the AT BOARD list via this link ( https://mpte.navy.deps.mil/sites/nrc/n3/n31/SitePages/Board Schedule and At Board Lists.aspx ) if you had the correct CAC/email security certs. He posted this only a few days before the board, though, so I can't say with any certainty how quickly it updates once a package is submitted and approved.
Having spent a non-trivial amount of time in the military dealing with administrative processes, I trust this process about as much as I trust the fuel gauges on an old Cessna...

Thanks for the heads up, bud. Guess I'll hope for the best while I hold my breath.

I feel you on this one whole heartedly. I have access to the website and will provide the At board list when it is created and uploaded. I have been checking daily even though it won’t come out until a week or two prior.

Thanos

Hi everyone, I’m submitted for this board. I actually submitted for the 13 August board, but my application wasn’t reviewed unfortunately. My recruiter informed me it simply rolled over for this one. I double checked with the office’s assistant chief recruiter, so it seems I’m good to go.

Like some of you, I’ve been in the application process for over a year. Graduated in 2018, went to the NRD office in the summer, and got my paperwork done by August. But I didn’t get approved for MEPS until February this year; then I had to get a medical waiver approved, which made me miss the deadline for the May board. So it’s been one thing after another, I’m really eager to get accepted!

Applying: SNFO
ASTB: 56 7/6/6
GPA: 3.42
Degree: B.A. Physics
Prior service: No

stratocat

Howdy guys,

Packet got submitted yesterday for SNA, after a battle with MEPS over the summer regarding an incorrect hunch by the doctor
ASTB: 61 OAR, 8/7/7
GPA: 3.87; Finance and Aviation
No prior service
~190TT, Single, Multi, Instrument rated

Wishing everyone good luck at this board!