• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

Astro_Rekt

revenge of the old heads! 30 as well

But @Astro_Rekt you took the ASTB today and you're going to make this board?? talk about down to the wire

My recruiter had originally planned on submitting me for the January board, but everything had gone so quickly, the last thing I needed to do was the ASTB. Planned on taking it last minute because I hadn't started studying, thinking I would have a few months ?

srp_4737

What kind of "official" confirmation are y'all getting from your OR besides them saying "It's been submitted"? I've asked mine a few times with the general response of "I assure you that you've been submitted, we've done this many times before".

I'm dealing with the same thing. My recruiter told me it is possible to check if it was submitted and will "keep me informed"... I guess we will see.

errantensign

I called my local processor to understand the process a bit more. They have had my package for a while now but there were two board submission deadlines last week and a Supply board deadline this week, prior to the aviation deadline. They focus on the deadline at hand so the aviation packages will be submitted on Friday and Saturday (apparently a Friday deadline really just means a before-Monday deadline). So technically no Seattle aviation packages are officially submitted yet to the board. Perhaps other districts may vary in their volume of applications and can submit sooner.

OperationChungus

pilot
What kind of "official" confirmation are y'all getting from your OR besides them saying "It's been submitted"? I've asked mine a few times with the general response of "I assure you that you've been submitted, we've done this many times before".
I'm dealing with the same thing. My recruiter told me it is possible to check if it was submitted and will "keep me informed"... I guess we will see.

My OR said that my packet goes through his processor and off to NRC (or wherever it gets sent to) and about two weeks after the deadline he'll get a list of all the "AT BOARD" packets.

So technically I won't know for sure if it's going up to the board until he sees my name on the At Board list.

swmonroe88

pilot
My OR said that my packet goes through his processor and off to NRC (or wherever it gets sent to) and about two weeks after the deadline he'll get a list of all the "AT BOARD" packets.

So technically I won't know for sure if it's going up to the board until he sees my name on the At Board list.

Having spent a non-trivial amount of time in the military dealing with administrative processes, I trust this process about as much as I trust the fuel gauges on an old Cessna...

Thanks for the heads up, bud. Guess I'll hope for the best while I hold my breath.

OperationChungus

pilot
Having spent a non-trivial amount of time in the military dealing with administrative processes, I trust this process about as much as I trust the fuel gauges on an old Cessna...

Thanks for the heads up, bud. Guess I'll hope for the best while I hold my breath.

I feel ya.... It's out of our hands and there's nothing more we can do at this point.

Also if you could update my GPA to a 2.56, that'd be great. Gotta love how the Navy does their GPA number crunching.... ?

srp_4737

LOL the 1976 C172 I fly out of my local FBO just indicates "0" all the time... I hate it