• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

SkyBoundET2

think about it! oh, and all these "previous year selectees" trying to get us to take advantage of "TA" during the wait??? Tuition Assistance? ya. sure. how about "Trained Assassin". I think i've proven my point.

CMS_189

Combat Air Crew
Is anyone as exhausted as I am, waiting on the release of the results? The boards have been over for a week... why don't they just tell us.... that way I can get started on my package for next year!

And the results can be release before the fiscal year begins. NAVADMINs are based on a calendar year, not fiscal, so as soon as it's typed up and signed off, they are good to go. The only guidlines regulated by fy09 is program start dates and when they can start cutting orders... which is still 2 months down the road. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the entire selection process and board expenses are accounted for in the fy08 budget. So why not finish the job.

I know last year's results came out earlier than usual, and 06 results came out later than usual, but the average is around the 14-17 of Oct. And with the current situation(economy) if the military is forces to make some emergency spending cutbacks... where do you think the cutbacks are going to come from... not the operational expenses. I'd just fell better if names were on a list before something like that happend.

Well I better get off my soapbox before it starts to cave in. You know.... If they just started playing early morning football games in the NFL, none of you would have to listen to this. Today's games need to hurry and start.

and let me end by just saying..... go UT!, 52-10. two weeks until UT vs OU

CMS_189

Combat Air Crew
by the way... I like the whole S.T.A. and T.A. thing.... that was pretty clever, better start cleaning my sniper rifle

AmericanRiver

Bigfoot Slam Dunk Rainmaker
So who thinks the results will be out this Friday? Hopefully we don't end up waiting till the 17th. I've been staying stupid busy to keep myself distracted.

flyn707

I guess you can look at it as no news is good news. I have nowhere near the package that you all have, but we have learned that there is hope because you never know. I believe the results came out on Thursday the 4th last year. Some found out late at night while others found out on Friday at work. Good luck to all of us.

SkyBoundET2

Flyn- don't worry- you're aren't the only one with doubts about the strength of your package. I was pretty confident in mine until i got on AW, and realized that there were soooo many things i didn't even think to put in my package that seems standard for everyone else. Lessons learned, eh?

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
Relax guys, I know how you feel, I was there this time last year! But last year's results came out on October 5th and that was considered "very early" so you have at least one more week to wait before you should even consider starting to bite your nails...