• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

SkyBoundET2

<p>
I start leave on Oct 4, going home for my best friends wedding. I'm going to be doing a lot of drinking that week and a half. If the results aren't out by then I'm going to have to come up with a plan on getting me away from the party scene to find an internet capable computer. If the results are in my favor, time to celebrate! If not, then I will drink away my sorrows and probably cry like a baby. Well maybe not cry (at least not in front of the guys, ha!) but a beer would be the next logical step regardless of how the results turn out.
just be careful if you do have cause for celebration. i've heard too many stories of people getting selected for things like this only to lose it because of one mistake. i'm not trying to be condescending... i'm sure you know better. i just saw something like that happen recently, and i'd hate to see it happen to one of my "friends of freaking out- FY09" :D

AME1Tack

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Hopeful
I agree with AC2 a few beers will be in order regardless of the outcome. Shiner has helped ease the stress for me the last coupla weeks.:icon_tong

jeeplovindad

FY13 Sta-21 Applicant EDO/SWO
So it's Friday night and it seems that people have found better things to do than sit here and monitor this site. I however, am not one of them.

flyn707

can anybody venture a guess as what are the odds after being selected as an alternate to actually making the program that same year.

SkyBoundET2

on this site alone, i've heard of quite a few, i believe. and the determining factor seemed to be having all their paperwork in order and ready to go. have you done your physical yet? applied to a college?

FitNavy

This is my second time applying and it's also a much stronger package. I'm in Pensacola now. It sucks to be so close to the results and still know nothing. I might as well be in Alaska.

If you're a pilot alternate I would imagine the chances would be pretty high if you get all your physical paperwork and college acceptance knocked out quickly or have it already done.

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
hmm I don't know if it will effect STA-21 statistic but my CO told me today that he was told at a conference earlier this year the Navy wants to increase the number of helo pilots.

jeeplovindad

I know it's Saturday and all, but no new conspiracy theories this morning? Anyways, all should reveal itself this week ... hopefully. (crossing my fingers) :icon_smil

FitNavy

I hate how it says that selection board results can now be accessed when you logon. They seem to enjoy just taunting us.....

SkyBoundET2

new theory:

"STA-21" is actually a secret government program where the take "Sailors To Afganistan". You will be mentally reprogrammed, trained (in a very Bourne Identity manner) to kill, and unleashed upon those damn foreigners trying to hog all the oil. These supposed "previous year selectees" are actually employees of the particular govenment agency that manages "Sailors To Afganistan", their sole purpose being to calm fears and dispell rumors and encourage more applicants. Selectees: be warned.

how's that?

jeeplovindad

new theory:

"STA-21" is actually a secret government program where the take "Sailors To Afganistan". You will be mentally reprogrammed, trained (in a very Bourne Identity manner) to kill, and unleashed upon those damn foreigners trying to hog all the oil. These supposed "previous year selectees" are actually employees of the particular govenment agency that manages "Sailors To Afganistan", their sole purpose being to calm fears and dispell rumors and encourage more applicants. Selectees: be warned.

how's that?

That's quite the rumor/conspiracy theory ... you have a pretty wild imagination. But I like it.