• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
SWO/CORE open, closed, open.

Very strong package: 1330 SATs

endorsements 1 O7 RDML
1 O6 C.O
1 O5 X.O
1 O4
1 O3
1 CWO4

interviews/boards 10 O-5, 10 O-3, 10 O-3, 10 O-4, 10 O-3, 10 O-3,

do you think i made it?
No.

Seriously though, there is more to your package that the board reviews other than how many LOR's you can collect from high ranking important people. I had 10's and didn't get picked up two years in a row. Then I took calc I & II and miraculously got picked up (there were a few more additions to my package other than just that).

So who is just sitting on their ass not taking any classes using that free money the Navy is handing out?

austinEM

No.
So who is just sitting on their ass not taking any classes using that free money the Navy is handing out?

Several people are pushing the TA benefit on here. It should be obvious to all of this benefit and that all applicants should be using it to better improve their packages, their lives and more. There is more than one way to accomplish the goal of getting commisioned. If not accepted this time, continue (or start) taking classes. We are discussing STA-21 on here, not rhetorical questions of the same nature over and over again. This tone has been used several times, along with the Chill Pill statement, and both have become redundant. Results, questions, helpful information, and jovial conversation haved seemed to return the most conversation on here.

CMS_189

Combat Air Crew
the other day I found a powerpoint breakdown of last years selections. It had some interesting numbers.... showed how many slots were allotted for each option and how many were actually selected along with how many alternates.

I can't remember where I found it. Has anybody else looked at it... and knows where it is? which website?

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
How did you get a waiver for more TA? I maxed out and had to pay out of pocket. Not cool!!

Get the waiver application from the Navy College website and submit it with your degree plan from your school, transcripts, and a little memorandum from you to them stating your justification for the waiver, and have your CO endorse the waiver package and fax it to the TA waiver office. As long as your total cost for the FY does not exceed $4,500 your usually good to go.

clay_79

I emailed the PNCS at STA-21 this morning about the fact that my package status had never closed. Asked him if this meant my package never went before the board and this was his reply:

Sorry for the confusion. They were conducting maintenance on the site.
Everyone should be able to see their package status. All applications
went before the board. Selection is over and the NAVADMIN should hit
the street by mid October.

Naval Service Training Command (NSTC)
STA-21/NROTC Selection Coordinator

CMS_189

Combat Air Crew
now that sounds about right. but now what are we going to theorize about now?

by the way... did any body find that website I was looking for?

haubby

None
Contributor
Get the waiver application from the Navy College website and submit it with your degree plan from your school, transcripts, and a little memorandum from you to them stating your justification for the waiver, and have your CO endorse the waiver package and fax it to the TA waiver office. As long as your total cost for the FY does not exceed $4,500 your usually good to go.

This is why community college was awesome. I went year round and never exceeded my TA while others did ERAU online and exceeded their TA in a semester.

CMS_189

Combat Air Crew
I believe that's it. I thought I found one that had FY08 on it, but I was probably mistaken.

One thing that pisses me off.... is that they have 210 slots, but only filled 200 (in fy07, last year all slots were filled... so that's better) but why not select the total number every year, that's 10 more people who could have gotten an amazing opportunity!

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
I emailed the PNCS at STA-21 this morning about the fact that my package status had never closed. Asked him if this meant my package never went before the board and this was his reply:

Sorry for the confusion. They were conducting maintenance on the site.
Everyone should be able to see their package status. All applications
went before the board. Selection is over and the NAVADMIN should hit
the street by mid October.

Naval Service Training Command (NSTC)
STA-21/NROTC Selection Coordinator

Not to start anything but didn't someone already ask the STA-21 guys and they said that everyones gets "closed"?

Correct, the status is closed until the first working day of Jan 09.
At this time it will open for online applications. The Board is wrapping
up, as they review applicants the status goes to closed. Expect NAVADMIN to be released by mid-Oct. Good Luck.

v/r

Naval Service Training Command (NSTC), STA-21 Placement 250 Dallas
Street, Suite A, Pensacola, FL 32508

jbuck387

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!
pilot
yes several ppl including myself have asked and all got a different answer, look I don't think we're going to get a straight answer out of them

NukeRobot

Excel Jedi
pilot
Ello. Just thought I'd check in as a fellow applicant (and fellow NAVADMIN hover-er). Its getting down to the final weeks, and I'm already having dreams/nightmares about getting accepted. I know its been contraindicated by about every person on this site, but how difficult would it be to get a medical appointment scheduled AFTER the results are announced? I'm up at Ballston Spa, so there isn't exactly a major military base nearby. How long do they give you to get all that done before they call in an alternate?

Also, I guess since this is both my first post, introduction, and FY-09 identification, I should include a bit more about myself and my package (heh, heh). I've got an 8/7/7 on the ASTB and a 34 composite on the ACT (no recent SAT), and good rec. letters from NPS instructors, Good-Low PFA and a decent-enough personal statement. But with basically no service record (nuke non-qual trainee, not been to sea yet), I'm not going to be terribly disappointed if I don't make it this time around (but watch out next year). I'm a submarine-volunteer and am about halfway done with prototype in New York. I enjoy hiking, movies, long walks on the beach (j/k on the last one), and I look forward to flying alongside you folks some day.

Respectfully,

-ET3

(PS: I, too, went from Open to Closed to Open.)

SkyBoundET2

Yeah, that theory will go far if you have to deal with them a month from now trying to hand stuff in . . . . don't burn bridges you haven't crossed yet. You don't know who reads this stuff.

ah. but if my theory proves TRUE, than the people at Pensacola have EXCELLENT senses of humor, and will therefore find my comment funny! I know i do. :D