• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY09 STA-21 Soup to selection and beyond MEGA thread

MelJ

FY09 SWO/IP Alternate
...... However, there's over 3000 applicants, so that would be very difficult.

Is this whole "over 3,000 applicants" thing coming from that Reserve news thing someone found online?
I highly doubt that 3,000 people just decided to apply this year out of nowhere. In the past, it's been right around 700-800.

jeeplovindad

FY13 Sta-21 Applicant EDO/SWO
Is this whole "over 3,000 applicants" thing coming from that Reserve news thing someone found online?
I highly doubt that 3,000 people just decided to apply this year out of nowhere. In the past, it's been right around 700-800.

Unless the reserve has it's own STA-21, then this is what I found.

https://listserv.navyreserve.navy.mi...L_HANDS&P=1928

MENTORSHIP ... HELP GET TO 3,232:
FY09 STA-21 Application status: 5,018 have registered on the
STA-21 Web site; of those 3,231 who have submitted their applications.
https://www.sta-21.navy.mil/

sw09

I think the 3,000 is the number of people who actually completed their online application, but this is NOT the number of people who actually submitted a full package with all the required documentation. I know this program is getting a lot more popular, but that would be GIANT leap!!

My package status was originally closed, and now it is open. I'm hoping this is a sign!!

0812GM

FY09 STA-21 NFO Select
I've heard both conspiracy's ... I'm hoping for it to be the other way around. I think if you could figure out if there were more people that lost their checklist than didn't ... or the other way around ... then you could assume to know the answer. However, there's over 3000 applicants, so that would be very difficult.

If you really wanted to you could take a quick poll of everyone to see if they had their status closed or not, what program they were applying for, and bounce it against previous years. Since historically there are low selects for supply, CEC, SWO ext. maybe you can try and figure it out that way.

jeeplovindad

A poll is flawed in that I only found this website yesterday and I'm sure that there are tons of people that aren't sweating this like we are. I'd like to see what the results would be if we could make it happen though.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
A poll is flawed in that I only found this website yesterday and I'm sure that there are tons of people that aren't sweating this like we are. I'd like to see what the results would be if we could make it happen though.

Wow, isn't that the truth.

jeeplovindad

Calling all Applicants - THE POLL

Let's see if we can get ourselves all worked up over nothing and talk about the potential FY09 "ACCIDENTAL" STA-21 LEAK. Please just post what your option was and whether or not your status remained open, or did it close, and where it lies now.

I'll start:

Medical Corps; remained open the entire time.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

CMS_189

Combat Air Crew
Honestly I don't think closed or open had anything to do with it. The majority of people had their checklist closed, but I don't think that means that the people's who list stayed open got selected. If I had to guess.... I would say it had more to do with individual options, it seemed like of the people whoes list were left open.... they/we were were all applying for the same few option. which would speculate that certian members of the board (choosing specific options) actually did there jobs and closed checklist after reviewing packages.... and others didn't.

As far as the 3000 online applicants..... the otherday I ran some statistics and out of those 3000... estimated only 1800 packages were turned in, and only 1100 were board eligible. Still a large number though.