• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN FNAEB Appeal

Appeal the decision?

• Fuck yeah, "I have not yet begun to fight!"

Votes: 22 95.7%
  • Hell no, "Now go home and get your fucking shine box"

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You'll also have the opportunity to work with the teams for a tour.

Only worth it if you get to be completely kitted up with face camo and get to release the GIANT RED BALLOON during the day from your covert position.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Only worth it if you get to be completely kitted up with face camo and get to release the GIANT RED BALLOON during the day from your covert position.

The first time I saw a a USAF Special Operations Weather Officer I had to do a double take, he was in his blues wearing a gray beret and combat boots with his pants bloused.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The first time I saw a a USAF Special Operations Weather Officer I had to do a double take, he was in his blues wearing a gray beret and combat boots with his pants bloused.

I dated a girl in HS whose dad was a AFSOC weather guy Lt Col. I grew up near Hurlburt and a lot of my friends' dads couldn't say what exactly they did for a living, so I was sure he was pulling my leg. Until years later when I saw the AFN commercial with the bright red balloon. "Holy shitsnacks, that's actually a thing!?"

Zanklin

Oh the per diem you'll make...
pilot
For a movie analogy, I think you will be less "Commando" and more "Hunt for Red October" Still pretty cool in my opinion- but I am a former P-3 guy, so that's natural for me.

IRfly

None
I have some friends in the OceanO community. One had a tour where her job was to do port surveys. She and her team would get on a C-130 with a RHIB and fly all around the world to spend their days on the water and their nights in 5-star hotels drinking their asses off. Because of my connection to these friends, other OceanO officers' profiles pop up on my LinkedIn feed all the time. I see guys with Ph.D.s from MIT who are doing tours in Iceland, in Singapore, in Hong Kong, etc...

You'll have a lot of great opportunities, both for education and awesome tours. Getting FNAEB'd sucks but this really is not a bad deal.

Yes, on ENTERPRISE our METOC was a former SWO. One day, about halfway through our deployment, a D-bag SWO started calling him a "traitor" and stuff in the wardroom. The guy (an O-4 at the time) went on for five minutes about all the good deals he'd gotten as a METOC (basically satisfying work, but awesome liberty and education) and then finished a la Cougar in TOP GUN and said "look, you want my SWO pin? Take it! Use it as an extra the next time you've got the balls to four watch and can't find a clean uniform." Then he took off his SWO pin, and went to hand it to the guy. The guy wouldn't take it, so then the METOC took his hand, put the SWO pin (and by now everyone was watching) and walked out of the wardroom. The METOC never wore his pin again on that deployment.

So, congrats. I don't know much about the community either, but that guy (who's name I forget) seemed to think it was a sweet deal, and while it seems a bit bogus to me that you can't fly *anything* now, I'm glad you can still wear the uniform and your wings.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
Yes, on ENTERPRISE our METOC was a former SWO. One day, about halfway through our deployment, a D-bag SWO started calling him a "traitor" and stuff in the wardroom. The guy (an O-4 at the time) went on for five minutes about all the good deals he'd gotten as a METOC (basically satisfying work, but awesome liberty and education) and then finished a la Cougar in TOP GUN and said "look, you want my SWO pin? Take it! Use it as an extra the next time you've got the balls to four watch and can't find a clean uniform." Then he took off his SWO pin, and went to hand it to the guy. The guy wouldn't take it, so then the METOC took his hand, put the SWO pin (and by now everyone was watching) and walked out of the wardroom. The METOC never wore his pin again on that deployment.

So, congrats. I don't know much about the community either, but that guy (who's name I forget) seemed to think it was a sweet deal, and while it seems a bit bogus to me that you can't fly *anything* now, I'm glad you can still wear the uniform and your wings.
This is awesome. Liking this post is not enough.