• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN FNAEB Appeal

Appeal the decision?

• Fuck yeah, "I have not yet begun to fight!"

Votes: 22 95.7%
  • Hell no, "Now go home and get your fucking shine box"

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tomcat_al200

pilot
https%253A%252F%252Fi.chzbgr.com%252FmaxW500%252F1210186496%252Fh2690FAF4%252F

I deserved that, though you all are a lot more helpful than some members of the community I talked to. Thanks for the guidance and support going through this process.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
You'll also have the opportunity to work with the teams for a tour.

One of the milestone tours is Black Cloud on the CVN - where there is no winning.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Generally I would agree with the "there is no winning" comment, however, having wings on his chest might offer a level of insight and awareness that your typical wx guesser doesn't possess. i.e., understanding what is and is not important.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Guys, guys! Stop. Oceaography must be about more than predicting the weather. Otherwise they'd call it Meteorology.

What else, you ask? Well, there's counting whales...

Just kidding dude- Oceanography actually sounds interesting. Make the most of it, and good luck!

Tomcat_al200

pilot
Yeah, as a pilot I'm more interested in the Meteorology side so maybe someday there aren't poor saps with hung ordinance, gear problems and below bingo on an approach they don't have a chance of breaking out of. Also, not shutting down an entire master jet base because I think I might have smelled a puffy cumulus cloud that might have turned into a CB down the road. I guess I gotta learn Oceanography so we can discover the hidden under ocean tunnels near Taiwan so we can invade the mainland Reds. Anyways, I do appreciate the feedback.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Yeah, as a pilot I'm more interested in the Meteorology side so maybe someday there aren't poor saps with hung ordinance, gear problems and below bingo on an approach they don't have a chance of breaking out of.

If that ever happens, it's most likely on the aircrew, not you. Also, it's"ordnance", not "ordinance". ;)

Also, not shutting down an entire master jet base because I think I might have smelled a puffy cumulus cloud that might have turned into a CB down the road. I guess I gotta learn Oceanography so we can discover the hidden under ocean tunnels near Taiwan so we can invade the mainland Reds. Anyways, I do appreciate the feedback.

Sounds like the plot for a movie to me. Maybe they can use something like that unobtainium pod thing from "The Core". Does anyone remember that movie? Some "realistic" shuttle flying in the beginning... :D

Duc'-guy25

pilot
Now that you're an oceanography type, can you do something about this hurricane? That is what they do right? Direct hurricanes? It would make my last 15 days as a deck officer considerably more enjoyable.

Tomcat_al200

pilot
I have tried very hard to forget that movie (shudder). I think someone is going to go out there on a jet ski and a bag of salt and see about getting it to head to Cuba, you know, because.