• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flying for Navy, Marines or Air Force?

They are not my pilots anymore.... I don't remember the job titles but some of the jobs were flight supervisors, publication managers, evaluations, executive officer, scheduling, ect, but on a lot smaller scale. We only had flyers in our squadron, did not have to worry about maintenance, nowhere near as many jobs as in the Navy. The Air Force has a lot more people to do the busy work. We had to make up jobs just so they would have something to put on their Performance Reports. The primary job for 01-02 and junior 03's is flying. Once they become senior 03 and 04 they start to get more leadership positions.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
evolross said:
so what is there to do on an aircraft carrier beside recreation? Do they have like an O-club or a bar or anything?

....laughing so hard I have TEARS in my eyes....

no (officially sanctioned) booze on USN ships

(and for the 'been there' types, I'm not gonna bother explaining the 2-beers-every-however-many-days thing)

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
zab1001 said:
(and for the 'been there' types, I'm not gonna bother explaining the 2-beers-every-however-many-days thing)

Surprised you know about the cruise beer policy. After all, as a VP guy you operated under the "two beers every couple hours thing". Care to tell us how that worked??

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
wink said:
Surprised you know about the cruise beer policy. After all, as a VP guy you operated under the "two beers every couple hours thing". Care to tell us how that worked??

check my profile pic

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I saw the profile pic. I thought is was the standard issue VP cold water exposure/survival suit.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
drunken ideas from deployment

you too can own a foam hot dog suit for 50 dollars

they also make banana suits

don't ask how I know...

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
$50.00 is a small investment in that post navy civilian career... sports team mascot!

Piperdriver said:
yes there are more "non-fighter aircraft" in the Air Force but there are quite a bit of fighter type aircraft too.

I just got something from AFROTC with a list of all the officers and their jobs.

There's approx. 3,000 fighter pilots, 3,000 heavy/airlift and 100 test pilots. I would give you exact numbers, but the book is at my dad's house and I'm at my mom's.

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
zab1001 said:
drunken ideas from deployment

you too can own a foam hot dog suit for 50 dollars

they also make banana suits

don't ask how I know...

It's only a good story if you wake up in a banana suit...and only a banana suit...with no recollection of how you got into the banana suit or even where it came from.

El Cid

You're daisy if you do.
American_Ace said:
I just got something from AFROTC with a list of all the officers and their jobs.

There's approx. 3,000 fighter pilots, 3,000 heavy/airlift and 100 test pilots. I would give you exact numbers, but the book is at my dad's house and I'm at my mom's.

Would you post it when you get it? I'm interested to see the AF's job break down.

Along the same lines... does anyone have the Navy's job break down or a link to it?