• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flying for Navy, Marines or Air Force?

GTIGirlVR6

Here's my 2 cents...take it for what its worth (not much) My OSO was explaining to me the reason they need so many Pilot recruits for the Marines is because a SMALL percentage of their applicants are able to pass the ASTB. Why? I DON"T KNOW..guess I will find out when I take it

And a note on the uniforms...I want to be a Marine because of the pride in simple things like appearance, and straight creases. They always look pristine ...ALWAYS... I don't want to even THINK about how many times I have seen Navy personnel with not a SINGLE crease in their pants, or shirt, or look like they have worn the same uniform for weeks. The PRT standards are becoming a joke and near 40 percent of the fleet is overweight. So if you ask me which is bettter? PRIDE is better...PFT is better..

GTIGirlVR6

That is NOT a slap to NAVY personnel...by any means...only to those ones who make our servicemen and women look like CRAP..you know who you are..

rare21

pilot
Contributor
its probably gonna be the fattest puke you hate that will save your life one day...

wilsonator

I think the AF does a better job of predicting its needs. Out of a class of about 30 guys in primary, I think about 6 are going to go on to T-38s. Granted some of the guys in 38s are going to fly the Bone or the Buff. So maybe only 4-5 dudes are going to get 16s or 15s out of primary in the AF. The Navy however, does not seem to do as good of a job predicting the future, so out of 30 guys selecting one week, 10 guys may go jets, 1 guy might get a jet, or 0 guys get jets. Right now, this could be because the Navy is going through alot of aircraft changes.
Also, the AF can stick with their budget better since they know exactly how many guys will start and precisely when they will get finished which must make things like selection a hell of a lot easier to predict.

El Cid

You're daisy if you do.
Patmack18 said:
Ain't that the truth...

The toes you step on today could be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

I hear that... she'll probably end up as some Marine liason officer to one of "those" Navy people. Then where will her career be? In the hand of a Navy officer. How horrid!

I say let all the mind numbingly self-absorbed a$$holes have each other. "Shine this"... "Shine that"... "Shine mt coffee cup"... "Hut, hut, hut" and I'm not talking about any one branch. I'm talking about the people in all branches that don't understand that the JOB comes first.

turtle_sc

STA-21 Non-select
Just my .02 on the whole marine/navy uniform thing. Most times when I see marines they are walking around base killing time between PT. Navy guys I see around base are coming/going to work. What I mean is the uniforms you see us navy guys in are the ones we wear everyday(read only a couple of sets issued) to work in. The marines don't usually work in anything except camies. It's a lot easier to make a uniform look good when you don't wear it to work in (read actually labor) everyday.

El Cid

You're daisy if you do.
turtle_sc said:
Just my .02 on the whole marine/navy uniform thing. Most times when I see marines they are walking around base killing time between PT. Navy guys I see around base are coming/going to work. What I mean is the uniforms you see us navy guys in are the ones we wear everyday(read only a couple of sets issued) to work in. The marines don't usually work in anything except camies. It's a lot easier to make a uniform look good when you don't wear it to work in (read actually labor) everyday.

Very, very, very well put.

clux4 said:
Does field exercise count as actual labor?

As usual you are an idiot and have missed the point!

Indeejordan

Navy vs. Marine Officer

I will be graduating in one year with a BA in Finance and Real Estate. I know I want to be an officer in either the Navy or the Marines. I believe right now my deciding factor as to which I one I choose is which one will give me a better education with school, training, and technical experience. I want to use my business degree in the service and to improve my business skills. So I guess my questions are if anyone knows which service will have a better chance of getting a business related occupation and which one has a better training program for business related professions? I am also curious about grad school. Thanks a lot.

Cordespc

None
Contributor
Dude, its awesome that you want to serve, but the tone of your post makes it sound like your primary interest is juicing whichever branch you choose for all it's worth, then leaving it high and dry after you benefit. You didn't give mention to what types of personnel will be in your charge, how many, and what types of places and situations you will be tasked with leading them in. In short, that's what Officers do.

If your sole interest in the Marine Corps or Navy is personal gain, let me be the first to recommend you choose neither. There are a ton of benefits to military service, but don't let them be your deciding factor.

Cheers,
-Paul

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
In the Marine Corps you can have a gun (rifle, weapon etc.). I hope that helps.

Also, if you are into business might I suggest the Supply Corps; lots of money, numbers and management and you can tell chicks your an NFO to get the hook up (just kidding), there are tons of Supply groupies just waiting to get their hands on a pork chop.