• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

First of Navy's new CWO Aviators pin on their wings!

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
crazy article said:
"We were then sent to our primary squadrons," said Rittierodt. "We attended ground school and conducted basic contact flights, which means we actually put our hands on the controls. Then we attended instrument ground school, which is where we learned to use thecontrols in the back of the plane ."

Sorry, but this part just made me laugh.

I'm sure they meant instruments.

Cordespc

None
Contributor
Heh...as I was reading: "'Lt 2nd Grade'!? Come on, in an official Navy news release they screw up...oh, Germans...right..."

Went through Primary with both those guys, and they were going by JayGee then. Guess the preferred nomenclature is Oberleutnant zur See (Senior Lieutenant of the Sea?)

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Sweet deal, congrats to those guys. When I was planning on leaving the navy back in early 06, my division officer brought me the message for this CWO flyer program trying to get me to apply. I looked into it and it was interesting, but I already had 3+ years of college done and figured if I was going to do it, go all the way (line officer).

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Went through Primary with both those guys, and they were going by JayGee then. Guess the preferred nomenclature is Oberleutnant zur See (Senior Lieutenant of the Sea?)

Technically it just means Lieutenant of the See. close enough.

H60Gunner

Contributor
What instruments are in the back of a P-3 that requires IGS?

There's the galley with coffee maker, toaster oven, and hot water makers. Then there's two racks, a table with bench seats. Those instruments could require IGS to operate depending on the weather....

On a serious note- Congrats to the Flying Warrants! Awesome program, and don't fark it up for your brothers coming up behind you.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
For the record Chief Warrant Officers are commisoned officers.
If you want to get down to brass tacks, they're warranted first. Then commissioned upon reaching CWO2. Not quite sure how the CWO program works... WO while in flight school, CWO2 after wings, maybe? On another note, does anyone know what the flying CWOs have for insignia?

phrogpilot73

If you want to get down to brass tacks, they're warranted first. Then commissioned upon reaching CWO2. Not quite sure how the CWO program works... WO while in flight school, CWO2 after wings, maybe? On another note, does anyone know what the flying CWOs have for insignia?
There are no WO1's in the Navy. The rank was discontinued some time back...

BourneID

pilot

Like Phrog said, no W-1 in the navy, so they are all Commissioned while in the Navy. There designator is Aviation Operations. It looks like the AW rating symbol.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Like Phrog said, no W-1 in the navy, so they are all Commissioned while in the Navy. There designator is Aviation Operations. It looks like the AW rating symbol.
I stand corrected! The AW rating symbol, eh? I can see that, esp. since the one that would make the most sense is already taken by the MOs.