• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

First flight of the P-8A Poseidon and all things related to transition

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Did I hear correctly that the one of the first two P-8 organizations to go through an AMI got shut down for some period of time?

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nice to see 434 in the air, moving along from when I visited the Boeing plant in September and 432 was still in production!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

delta215

Nice to see 434 in the air, moving along from when I visited the Boeing plant in September and 432 was still in production!

Another shot of 434 in flight test:

8028613699_760a83786b_b.jpg

Another sequence, but this is a Indian P-8:

7945208828_e95da4eaa6_b.jpg

7950792124_a869030d8b_b.jpg

7708380694_bd5705f394_b.jpg

7708374118_6e3ce9cd77_b.jpg

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
434 says NAVY on the fuselage, but has N5320S instead of a BUNO. Does that mean it hasn't been turned over to the Navy (yet)?:confused:
BzB

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Can someone remind me why the US P-8 doesn't have a MAD?

Choose your favorite version of the story. WRT MAD on P-8, I've heard all of these from Admirals at one time or another:

1. It was too heavy.
2. The proposed hardware was "too noisy" to be effective.
3. They hit a snag during the integration test phase and rather than pull the program off its timeline to fix it, they just canx'd the system. "If we really need it, they can add it on late in a Spiral XX update."
4. The top brass knew this plane would never really spend much time doing ASW, especially at low altitude. This makes the transition to ISR platform easier.
5. The program was going over budget, and to avoid a Nimrod-type fiasco, the community opted to cut some items to keep costs down before fleet integration.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Choose your favorite version of the story. WRT MAD on P-8, I've heard all of these from Admirals at one time or another:

1. It was too heavy.
2. The proposed hardware was "too noisy" to be effective.
3. They hit a snag during the integration test phase and rather than pull the program off its timeline to fix it, they just canx'd the system. "If we really need it, they can add it on late in a Spiral XX update."
4. The top brass knew this plane would never really spend much time doing ASW, especially at low altitude. This makes the transition to ISR platform easier.
5. The program was going over budget, and to avoid a Nimrod-type fiasco, the community opted to cut some items to keep costs down before fleet integration.

Yet most of that doesn't really hold water (except number 4) when you look at the Indian P-8, which happens to have one.......