• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

jander12

pilot
Off of the top of my head, I want to say February 1. My packet was submitted as the December boards were going on.
Man... I was hoping that maybe you said something around August 10. I just lost all hope for an 18 May class.

@NavyOffRec maybe you can answer this question for me: If I get a 10 August date then ask for a post-August date, will "they" try to get me in the next class, or "punish" me for not being ready and make me wait a while to class up? I have a baby coming sometime mid-august. I don't mind taking leave from OCS and starting a phase over, but I don't know about leaving for a class that starts August 10th and potentially having to take leave within a week of getting there. I wouldn't mind not taking leave, but the wife might! Thanks for any insight.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Man... I was hoping that maybe you said something around August 10. I just lost all hope for an 18 May class.

@NavyOffRec maybe you can answer this question for me: If I get a 10 August date then ask for a post-August date, will "they" try to get me in the next class, or "punish" me for not being ready and make me wait a while to class up? I have a baby coming sometime mid-august. I don't mind taking leave from OCS and starting a phase over, but I don't know about leaving for a class that starts August 10th and potentially having to take leave within a week of getting there. I wouldn't mind not taking leave, but the wife might! Thanks for any insight.

Baby birth is quite a gamble. The baby could be born before it's due date, or long after.

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
I was selected off the December board for SWO and got my orders for the 27 April class! Still haven't gotten my final select letter which has to filter down. What a great present for returning from an underway!

Congrats Ironhead... How did you receive your orders??? Was it directly from your CO, from BUPERS, or over the SIPR side??? Just curious as to how your orders were presented to you...

jander12

pilot
Baby birth is quite a gamble. The baby could be born before it's due date, or long after.
Yes, yes it is. But, if I do take it and still miss the birth, at least I can blame it on her and the baby (joking, of course)!

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
how do the civilians get orders; I assume everything is passed through the recruiters? If this is the case do we just assume everything we be relayed in a timely manner or should we try to stay on top of this, maybe on a month to month basis?

ironhead79ltc

Congrats Ironhead... How did you receive your orders??? Was it directly from your CO, from BUPERS, or over the SIPR side??? Just curious as to how your orders were presented to you...
I got my orders over nsips after seeing in cms-Id that my order had been released. It wasn't for a day or two that I got notification from my command since I was tad

exNavyOffRec

You need to communicate this with your OR who can talk to NRC, this is a valid reason to get a later OCS date.