• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Thanks, they should be rolling them out to all of us soon! Looking forward to seeing who else gets their date!

Congrats man!! That's another Floridian off the list that is going to Newport. Did your OR contacted you about the date?

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Sunshine State doing big things haha, yes my OR contacted me this morning.
I officially cleared and PQ'd so I'm trying to request August 10th so I can finish that last class for mba. Things could possibly work out in my favor...who've thought. 98% of the way to having a 3rd Floridian (born and raised though)

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Would my status as a student at the moment prevent me from getting a FINSEL?
It shouldn't if you're graduating in May, per your data. Be prepared to make your Univ. hustle, in order to turn in your official final grade (GPA) paperwork on time.;)

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Anyone know if we go through weapons handling/training courses and ranking. I think in the good ol days pilots got a GI 1911 but not sure how that works in today's world. If so I'm going to work the range into my training routine. Because if we are shooting .45's vs 9mm etc. I wouldn't mind being more comfortable behind one.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Anyone know if we go through weapons handling/training courses and ranking. I think in the good ol days pilots got a GI 1911 but not sure how that works in today's world. If so I'm going to work the range into my training routine. Because if we are shooting .45's vs 9mm etc. I wouldn't mind being more comfortable behind one.
The only thing I can say for sure is that there's a pistol safety class done at OCS, it's maybe a few hours long, a lecture and some hands-on work (basically just loading and unloading with blanks, since they don't have a range). But I've been told that if you want your rifle/pistol quals, you have to get them on your own time and on your own dime.

Surf

pilot
The only thing I can say for sure is that there's a pistol safety class done at OCS, it's maybe a few hours long, a lecture and some hands-on work (basically just loading and unloading with blanks, since they don't have a range). But I've been told that if you want your rifle/pistol quals, you have to get them on your own time and on your own dime.
Am I correct in assuming Navy doesn't have devices like the Marine Corps for that stuff? If so, if you get a pistol/rifle qual are they ribbons instead?

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Am I correct in assuming Navy doesn't have devices like the Marine Corps for that stuff? If so, if you get a pistol/rifle qual are they ribbons instead?
I was about to start talking out of my ass, I'm glad I googled it instead, because it turns out there is a medal:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marksmanship_Medal

I also know that whenever I see someone wearing a ribbon rack with weapons quals, they are the very last ribbon(s).