• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

theghettodefendant

None
There is no actual letter. It will be emailed to the OR and forwarded to the applicant.
I know, but he's asking if his OR told him a prospective date without the official letter. There have been a few people on this site whose ORs were able to provide them with dates without their actual final selects.

Marmaduke

FS SNA
I know, but he's asking if his OR told him a prospective date without the official letter. There have been a few people on this site whose ORs were able to provide them with dates without their actual final selects.

That's where I'm sitting right now (with prospective date of Aug 10). However, I won't see my FS until my recruiter is back from convo-leave...

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
not sure where to throw this question out but if we own a business are we required to transition ownership rights of this business once we sign our contract with the Navy or are we able to continue receiving proceeds from the business and retain ownership?

Renegade One

None
not sure where to throw this question out but if we own a business are we required to transition ownership rights of this business once we sign our contract with the Navy or are we able to continue receiving proceeds from the business and retain ownership?
Interesting question. May depend on the facts of the business (foreign corporation, foreign partners, etc.), but I'm not aware of any basic proscription on owning a business while serving your country, as long as you know what "Job One" is. Others may have better insights based on personal experience.

JamesL37

Similar question. I am currently working for a company (education-related), and my boss is willing to retain me as outside consultant and continue paying me while I'm in the Navy. What I would do for the company while I'm serving will have nothing to do with the operations of the Navy. My boss just wants to make sure I come back to the company after my obligations. Can I do this or should I quit altogether?

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Interesting question. May depend on the facts of the business (foreign corporation, foreign partners, etc.), but I'm not aware of any basic proscription on owning a business while serving your country, as long as you know what "Job One" is. Others may have better insights based on personal experience.
Similar question. I am currently working for a company (education-related), and my boss is willing to retain me as outside consultant and continue paying me while I'm in the Navy. What I would do for the company while I'm serving will have nothing to do with the operations of the Navy. My boss just wants to make sure I come back to the company after my obligations. Can I do this or should I quit altogether?
Should be all clear. Biggest issue being a conflict of interest. There is none in my case as long as I dont pursue work with a military/defense agency should be good.