• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Could the SNA's see an OCS date sooner than July? Or is that more case by case..My FS is on the PM's desk.

No clue, as for dates but yes it will be on a case by case basis. Priority will be those folks selected as far back as December as well as those who are getting close to the max age requirements.

Joshua Baker

Groan....hubby is deployed (yes I commandeered his profile so I could check on this thread!), and he was Pro-Y on the SWO October rolling board. I wish I knew what was going on, and what to expect. Boo!!!

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
No clue, as for dates but yes it will be on a case by case basis. Priority will be those folks selected as far back as December as well as those who are getting close to the max age requirements.
With me being 26 do I fit the bill for "getting close to the max age requirements" or is that more for people turning 27 four months from now. Also I'm hearing it taking much longer than 3 months to complete ocs and didn't know if they buffer that into their decision for dates?

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
With me being 26 do I fit the bill for "getting close to the max age requirements" or is that more for people turning 27 four months from now. Also I'm hearing it taking much longer than 3 months to complete ocs and didn't know if they buffer that into their decision for dates?
It should still be a 12 week program.

Surf

pilot
It could take someone longer if they roll out of there class for whatever reason I suppose.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

It's more for those turning 27 (or 29 for priors) within six months or so. As for OCS, it's still 12 weeks long unless you get rolled back due to medical, academic, PRT issues, etc.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
It's more for those turning 27 (or 29 for priors) within six months or so. As for OCS, it's still 12 weeks long unless you get rolled back due to medical, academic, PRT issues, etc.
thanks, I wasn't thinking the length itself changed but it seemed like some people were saying dont go with the expectation you'll finish in 12 because most roll. I didnt get that feeling from a lot of the aviation selects' experiences but outside of the community it seems to be commonplace to "roll". Thanks again for the realignment.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
I didnt get that feeling from a lot of the aviation selects' experiences but outside of the community it seems to be commonplace to "roll".
Definitely not the case. If you can manage at least a satisfactory on the PRT, and don't get injured in the first week, it's very unlikely that you will roll. That's the vast majority of H-class members, people who couldn't pass the IST or went med down in the first week.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
so another words, suck it up. I respect that. man it's only been 3 weeks in the holding tank and I cant imagine waiting months...bring on this damn FS. I know I'm beating this dead horse here but how do you plan for OCS, logistically, if chances are some day within the next year you may get a call saying you got the "report in 3 weeks" orders. Do you look for a job and quit or just struggle like no other until then?

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
so another words, suck it up. I respect that. man it's only been 3 weeks in the holding tank and I cant imagine waiting months...bring on this damn FS. I know I'm beating this dead horse here but how do you plan for OCS, logistically, if chances are some day within the next year you may get a call saying you got the "report in 3 weeks" orders. Do you look for a job and quit or just struggle like no other until then?
I'm not sure, I didn't have to wait too long. I got picked up in December '12, and they were picking people up quick from that board, some people reported to OCS within a month of that. And I was just out of college (well technically I was still in college, I got the pro-rec three days before graduation), so I just stayed with my parents until I got my orders. So I guess that'd be my recommendation, to stay with family if at all possible until the orders come in, since that would be flexible and it'd be tough to find a job on such short notice that would go through the bother of all that paperwork without knowing how long you'd even be able to work there.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot

Depends on your financial situation. If you really need the money, get a job that doesn't really require a lot of physical labor (so you dont injure yourself), then I would give a 2 weeks notice, and savor the final week of freedom. I'm in a situation where I am looking for a job, but am fortunate to be in a financially stable position. (Hooray for living with your parents).

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
I'm not sure, I didn't have to wait too long. I got picked up in December '12, and they were picking people up quick from that board, some people reported to OCS within a month of that. And I was just out of college (well technically I was still in college, I got the pro-rec three days before graduation), so I just stayed with my parents until I got my orders. So I guess that'd be my recommendation, to stay with family if at all possible until the orders come in, since that would be flexible and it'd be tough to find a job on such short notice that would go through the bother of all that paperwork without knowing how long you'd even be able to work there.
thanks for the feedback. At this point, with finishing my last master's, I'd be looking more for a career so I guess it is just a waiting game. I take it if I don't get a FS for this designation chances are I wouldn't get an FS for any other, but I'm not sure how that works. My recruiter told me to sit tight so I'm not going to bother him, but that leads me to my next question; say Nov/Dec rolls around and I have to be commissioned by March 7, 2015 do I almost assume at that point no news is bad news like with ProRecs?

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
thanks for the feedback. At this point, with finishing my last master's, I'd be looking more for a career so I guess it is just a waiting game. I take it if I don't get a FS for this designation chances are I wouldn't get an FS for any other, but I'm not sure how that works. My recruiter told me to sit tight so I'm not going to bother him, but that leads me to my next question; say Nov/Dec rolls around and I have to be commissioned by March 7, 2015 do I almost assume at that point no news is bad news like with ProRecs?
That would really suck if you had to wait until November for a class date, but if that happened, I would imagine (or I would hope at least) that they would see you were getting close to the cutoff and would speed up the process before it became an issue