• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Mozart

Got official word that I lost my 21Sept OCS date and was bumped all the way to 23Nov!!! Literally twiddling my thumbs until then considering I dont have a job or an apartment anymore. Guess ill try to swim and run more.

navy2014

^I'm sure I missed something but I'm bored enough to ask... what? Why? Is this something that happens? There must be a specific reason here... they're asking everyone in the 31Aug class if they want to go sooner, so it wouldn't make sense that they'd know there wasn't room until November for someone.

navy2014

Yeah, I'm sure my post sounds stupid--I realize there are a lot of reasons that it would happen (mostly injury or health-related), but I looked through Mozart's three most recent posts and none were about anything like that, so I thought I would ask. If you just look at the one I replied to, it sounds like it was not what he wanted, so... like I said, I'm really bored right now.

Mozart

yep that was me, appendix removed last month. Was approved and all cleared through N3M July 10 but they still are slotting me for Nov23. Im really trying to move it up. I just ran a 10k and 3 days of 5.10-5.10c trad climbing, I think I can manage OCS

theghettodefendant

None
^I'm sure I missed something but I'm bored enough to ask... what? Why? Is this something that happens? There must be a specific reason here... they're asking everyone in the 31Aug class if they want to go sooner, so it wouldn't make sense that they'd know there wasn't room until November for someone.
I'm in the 21Sep class and I was asked too, but I was completely unprepared to leave, I wonder what happened to that class.

Kayeshorter

Just out of curiosity, is there anyone here from the SF Bay Area/Sacramento that wants to have a few beers and bitch about waiting for a FINSEL? Is that weird?

shellHEfuseVT

Pro Rec-Y SNA
I sure have been getting some flak lately.

From what I understand, the people giving you flak are doing so out of the kindness of their heart. They are trying to help better you to try to make you a stronger applicant. It probably has nothing to do with the fact that sarcasm is the language of the military.... nothing. Get some looser briefs dude... seems like you're chafing.

HTR

pilot
Got official word that I lost my 21Sept OCS date and was bumped all the way to 23Nov!!! Literally twiddling my thumbs until then considering I dont have a job or an apartment anymore. Guess ill try to swim and run more.
Be nice to the guys coming in on February 8th ;)

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone know how log books work once your in? My current logbook has seen better days. I thought about getting a new but that would be a waste if i have to get a different one once we get to flight school.
You will be issued a NAVY Flight Log Book. The USN will have no interest in your GA Log, but keep it handy for renting private aircraft, and for your own records.:)
BzB

HTR

pilot
I figured as much. I'll just fill up this log then lock her in the safe for a long while
You will be issued a NAVY Flight Log Book. The USN will have no interest in your GA Log, but keep it handy for renting private aircraft, and for your own records.:)
BzB