• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Final Select Purgatory

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Note that you had contact with OR about the situation, right?

Whoops, I didn't mention that. Yes, I did have communication with my OR and even asked him about it. He said ideally they want you to swear within 14 days, but its not a big deal if it's after. I think if you can't swear in over a month later, it might be an issue.

jander12

pilot
I was given a date that is about 6 weeks from now to swear-in (within 3 weeks of my class date). I wasn't asked to schedule something within 14 days.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
the good book states 15 days suggested with a NLT 30 I think...I'm no recruiter though, but I did stay at a holiday inn

jander12

pilot
Last night? No way, me too... and then I found $5.

@utswimmer37 Which book is this? I may need to check said book and email my recruiter to make sure everything is in correct order.

jander12

pilot
COMNAVCRUITCOMINST 1131.2E:

080203.a:
...Active duty collegiates must enlist within 15 days of receiving their Final Select Letter.

I don't think this applies to most of us given the following section

080202.b:
Navy Active Duty Collegiates are individuals who have been selected into one of the following programs:
(1) Baccalaureate Degree Completion Program (BDCP)
(2) Civil Engineer Corps (CEC) Exceptional Student
Program (hereafter referred to as CEC Collegiate)
(3) Nuclear Power Officer Candidate (NUPOC)
(4) Naval Reactors Engineer (NRE)
(5) Nuclear Power School Instructor (NPI)
(6) Health Services Collegiate Program (HSCP)

Edit: I was unable to find anything else regarding X "days" after receiving a Final Select Letter.

Last edited:

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
just remember our convo means jack at the end of the day if someone else above us thinks differently...at least you know what questions to ask (just never assume you have the answers)

jander12

pilot
just remember our convo means jack at the end of the day if someone else above us thinks differently...at least you know what questions to ask (just never assume you have the answers)
I'm just trying to dot all my I's and cross all my T's before I presume to contact my OR with a (tactfully worded), "Hey, are you sure I can wait 40+ days to swear-in?" based on something I read on the inter-web.

I'm not trying to argue for the heck of it - if that's how it's coming across.

brogdawg32

Just some questions regarding my benefits that my employer has to provide for my long term military leave. My HR guy didn't sound very confident in what he was talking about. People stuck in purgatory and maybe @NavyOffRec or @RUFiO181, can you clarify a few things?:

I'm active duty the day of my report date correct? So for me, 21stsept2014? Or is the day of commissioning?

In regards to gap pay/salary benefits, it reads that I need 12 consecutive state pay periods. My work pays bimonthly. Would this mean I reached it at 6 months? My HR guy said he thought I needed to be at my job for a year (12 periods) for gap pay.

I'm in California. Thanks everyone!

http://www.calhr.ca.gov/employees/Pages/military-leave-types.aspx#long-term

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Just some questions regarding my benefits that my employer has to provide for my long term military leave. My HR guy didn't sound very confident in what he was talking about. People stuck in purgatory and maybe @NavyOffRec or @RUFiO181, can you clarify a few things?:

I'm active duty the day of my report date correct? So for me, 21stsept2014? Or is the day of commissioning?

In regards to gap pay/salary benefits, it reads that I need 12 consecutive state pay periods. My work pays bimonthly. Would this mean I reached it at 6 months? My HR guy said he thought I needed to be at my job for a year (12 periods) for gap pay.

I'm in California. Thanks everyone!

http://www.calhr.ca.gov/employees/Pages/military-leave-types.aspx#long-term

Your active duty date is the day upon reporting to OCS. As for pay, correct in the Navy you are paid bi-monthly at the first or fifteenth of every month.