• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Feinstein to introduce AWB in January

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Again, good fucking luck with that, DiFi. When they start making proclamations about how your property that should pass on to your family becomes the government, a lot of the good old boys are going to say fuck me? No, fuck you. Who's going door to door to check on these weapons without a database? The good senator? Right. After enough harassment, sooner or later the BATF will step on their own cranks and pull another ruby ridge type massacre and the backlash will be violent.

But this is for the children, right?

weaverimages.html

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
I know the mental health vs. gun laws debate is/has been beaten to death, but the DB that shot the firefighters responding to his arson? Yea, he killed is grandma with a fucking hammer 30 years ago, somehow he got his hands on a set of weapons yet they throw out the Bushmaster name with the weapon used, never mind the fact he was already a FUCKING MURDERER and is presumed to have killed his missing sister prior to this ambush. I'm not freaking out about this proposed ban yet, but I sure hope somebody brings this type of shit to the table to battle theses gun control quacks or its gonna get real interesting when they try to institute this proposed shit.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Firefighter case? Already alleged a straw purchase, and a woman is up on charges. And why would the liberals let facts get in the way of gun control?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Remember, you give up a lot of rights owning an NFA firearm. The BATF can come to inspect the weapon at any time, and you must notify them before transporting it across state lines. Also, some states (NY and CA come to mind) already have laws on the books banning the civilian ownership of NFA weapons/items.

How have I given up a bunch of my rights owning a NFA item? I'm still allowed to own it. I can shoot it, and I can even travel with it. And you don't have to notify the ATF for all NFA items when they cross state lines. Additionally, if you're a C&R FFL, you also can get inspected by the ATF. The ATF doesn't knock on the door. They request a meeting and you meet with them. By your logic, FFLs have "given up their rights," too.

Also, CA does not ban NFA items for civilians. There are some restrictions for some kinds (as with many states), and are made extremely hard to come by for others, but it is possible.

Don't get me wrong, I look forward to returning to a state where NFA items aren't treated with any special notice (like Florida).

ryan1234

Yea, he killed is grandma with a fucking hammer 30 years ago, somehow he got his hands on a set of weapons yet they throw out the Bushmaster name with the weapon used, never mind the fact he was already a FUCKING MURDERER and is presumed to have killed his missing sister prior to this ambush.

I guess letting a convicted murderer (who didn't even use a firearm in the original conviction) out after 17 years is ok.... but it's not ok for people to possess guns with a pistol grip, detachable magazines, or (gasp) barrel shrouds? Plus, doesn't NY already have some of the most strict gun-laws in the US?

What are barrel shrouds you ask? Well, they're the "shoulder things that go up" according to NY Senator McCarthy

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
And you don't have to notify the ATF for all NFA items when they cross state lines.

For the purpose of this argument, you do. If you want to transport a machine gun or short barreled rifle across state lines, for whatever reason, you need to fill out and submit a Form 20.

I doubt the Senator will put 'assault rifles' in the same NFA category as suppressors.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
For the purpose of this argument, you do. If you want to transport a machine gun or short barreled rifle across state lines, for whatever reason, you need to fill out and submit a Form 20.

That's not what you said, though. If you're going to make sweeping statements, they need to be accurate. Otherwise it just adds to the misinformation that's out there.

BTW, a Form 20 takes about 7-10 days turnaround time. Also, nothing says that you have to keep your NFA items at your home address.

I doubt the Senator will put 'assault rifles' in the same NFA category as suppressors.

I have hard time believing that that portion of the proposal will survive. Until we know, the sky has not fallen, yet.

jtmedli

pilot
Well, the NRA got their hands on an early draft of the bill.

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/f...ein-goes-for-broke-with-new-gun-ban-bill.aspx

Quick down-n-dirty:
-All existing 'assault weapons' would be considered NFA weapons, and subject to $200 tax stamp and federal registration.
-Only one 'option' allowed per rifle, instead of two (a la 1994). Want a pistol grip? No detachable magazine for you. Doesn't even have to be an actual pistol grip...if it's not a plain jane smooth stock, they can consider that a grip.
-Any semi automatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds...assault weapon.
-Any semi automatic rifle with an overall length less than 30" (old SBR cut-off was 26")...assault weapon.
-No transfer of existing weapons. Unlike current legal machine guns and SBRs, you can never transfer the weapon. If you die, the government seizes and destroys the gun(s).
-Any semi automatic pistol with a threaded barrel is an assault weapon, subject to registration and tax stamp.

Remember, you give up a lot of rights owning an NFA firearm. The BATF can come to inspect the weapon at any time, and you must notify them before transporting it across state lines. Also, some states (NY and CA come to mind) already have laws on the books banning the civilian ownership of NFA weapons/items. Classifying a run-of-the-mill AR15 as an NFA weapon would make millions of legal gun owners felons at the state level.

Hold on to your balls, gents.

Holy fuck me. I would appreciate a logical explanation as to exactly how ANY of these rules would change anything?

Diane Feinstein is out of her right mind. Just like Pelosi. Good job, CA.

jtmedli

pilot
Again, good fucking luck with that, DiFi. When they start making proclamations about how your property that should pass on to your family becomes the government, a lot of the good old boys are going to say fuck me? No, fuck you. Who's going door to door to check on these weapons without a database? The good senator? Right. After enough harassment, sooner or later the BATF will step on their own cranks and pull another ruby ridge type massacre and the backlash will be violent.

But this is for the children, right?

This. If they really think that their gonna push this thing through, shit will get bad and it'll get bad very quickly.

Renegade One

None
I would appreciate a logical explanation as to exactly how ANY of these rules would change anything?
How DARE you ask that of our elected leadership? Do you not know that their main task is to be perceived as "actually doing something" while "actually doing nothing"?

Consider yourself schooled…and no dessert for you tonight, young man.;)