• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

February 09 Boards

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Big congratulations to those who found out today they were selected.

If you were non-select, DON'T GIVE UP! Improve your apps and reapply. Plenty of people on this board have suffered similar fates and dug their heels in and got it together to achieve their objective.

For the rest of us, I know it's hard but we got to be patient. We will find out soon enough. When I get antsy waiting, I do more PT. At least it's productive and taking my mind off things.

cram88

BDCP Supply
20/M
UNF Accounting Major 3.56 GPA
60 6/6/7
No prior service
LOR's: Retired Captain, Chief Warrant Officer that use to be a recruiter, 2 professors, old job.
National Society of Collegiate Scholars, National Honor Society in HS, FBLA

Pro rec'd for Pilot, NFO, waiting for Supply to come through. I had an excellent motivational statement as well, took me a little while to work on. Father is retired Supply Commander. Oh, and prior DUI dropped to reckless. So if you've been in any trouble, don't get down on yourself!! Any other questions just ask!

acwildcat

pilot
Just got my call. Pro Rec BDCP SNA and NFO. Thanks for everyones help and congrats to everyone who got their pro rec

Just thought I would put up my stats:

19/M
University of Arizona Business Management 3.3 GPA
6/7/8 60 ASTB
LORs: Active Duty Navy Commander, Active Duty Marine Colonel
Other: President of 4H Club, Varsity Football, Exec. Board of Professional Fraternity, National Merit Scholar, 32 on the ACT

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Yeah, grats everyone and to the non-selects, i was in your shoes in july and it just made me that much more motivated and dedicated, to making my app better. G'luck to the still un knowns.

euclid83

FS SNA
Turtl3 said:
Did you ever post your stats anywhere? I don't see them.

My stats are posted in the November, January, and February board threads. My stats are also listed in my profile (except for my LORs and extra curriculars).

Congrats to everyone who got pro-rec'd this month!!!

Goob83

None
Am I really? I didn't even know that, thanks. I'll be sure not to dissappoint.

Congrats to everyone else who got Pro Rec'd as well.
if you remember i am the one that told you you don't have a a chance in hell cause no one from there can pass the test. you were first one to do that as well. so there are a bunch of first, now get you ass up to the office so I can do a PRT on you for final select.
every day you waste is a day of lost pay!

sciguy

Pro-Rec Supply
Non-select for SWO, still waiting on supply and oceanography in a few weeks. Working on new motivational statement, it was a little weak.

Applying OCS - SWO, Supply, Oceanography
24 Years Old
3.4 GPA Double Major-Biology and Secondary Education
Graduated with Honors
Received several scholarships, one being for leadership
OAR: 52 (1st time) not happy with that score, might retake
LOR's: Two retired officers, and one former marine (enlisted)
Lots of clubs/activities in high school and college, no sports unless you count a weightlifting.
Chairman in SGA, two honor societies, volunteer
Jobs: Science Teacher, Academic Coach, Resident Assistant

I hear competition was stiff for SWO, maybe I will fair better for Supply or Oceanography. Congratulations to everyone who made it.

tdimarco

Pro-Rec SNA
Congrats to everyone who made it! Is anyone else still waiting? My sense of humor about this whole O-Tools issue is wearing thin!

Well today is proved to be an exciting day. As of 1130EST I learned that with my 20/10 vision I have been wearing glasses and contacts so my application wasn't reviewed and now is gonna be looked at in march (hopefully)...AAAHHHHHH!!!! Somehow with my messed up eye exam from meps 20/25 and 20/17 my FAA exam was lost which shows my 20/10 in both eyes. I guess til next month, hopefully the selection % for SNA is the same or higher for march. Congrats everyone selected and Euclid I guess you'll have to wait for drinks another month

euclid83

FS SNA
Well today is proved to be an exciting day. As of 1130EST I learned that with my 20/10 vision I have been wearing glasses and contacts so my application wasn't reviewed and now is gonna be looked at in march (hopefully)...AAAHHHHHH!!!! Somehow with my messed up eye exam from meps 20/25 and 20/17 my FAA exam was lost which shows my 20/10 in both eyes. I guess til next month, hopefully the selection % for SNA is the same or higher for march. Congrats everyone selected and Euclid I guess you'll have to wait for drinks another month

Hey no worries bro, at least you're workin' all the kinks out of your paper work. Just think of it as one step closer to final selection. Keep your head up and hang in there.

Oh i am....though I knew I should have went for the navy meps physical instead of transferring my AF meps physical (lesson learned).

SWOHopeful

Non-select for SWO, still waiting on supply and oceanography in a few weeks. Working on new motivational statement, it was a little weak.

24 Years Old
Graduated with Honors
Lots of clubs/activities in high school and college, no sports unless you count a weightlifting.

I hear competition was stiff for SWO, maybe I will fair better for Supply or Oceanography. Congratulations to everyone who made it.

Some of you guys are making me nervous about the SWO boards next month with these non-selects. I would love to see the stats of people selected

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN

24 Years Old
Graduated with Honors

Sorry you didn’t make it. But at least you have other choices to hold on too. Seems as though being enlisted or prior enlisted has help those who were selected. There was an active duty guy that had a 37 ASTB and was selected (so I’m not sure it was your OAR that did you in).

You have to understand, SWO is a tough job! Being on board two ships, it takes a special type of person to perform those duties. Maybe the Navy looked at its attrition and seen that priors and current active duty guys do better and stay within that community longer then non-priors… they may be looking to get a better return on their investment… just my observation.

But don’t let no one tell you NO… get more interviews (senior officers – O-6 and above if you got ‘um), get more LORs (again, senior officers if you got ‘um) and resubmit. Leave your OAR alone for now, it looks good to me.