• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

February 09 Boards

gatorchris08

Wow, since looking at the stats, I am very honored to be selected for SWO. It'll just be my job to prove the boards right. If I'm getting this right there were around 165 applicants this month, and if the information cpgillie said is true that only around 20 percent were selected, that means anywhere from 30 to 40 people were selected from 165 applicants this month!!

My stats were posted on the second page of this thread, but I'll pull them up. I honestly believe I was selected and they looked past my average ASTB score because of my work history, involvement in sports and athletics in general (which showed in my PRT) while being a full time student, I had a strong motivational statement, and some very strong LOR's from very influential people:

3.33 GPA majoring in Political Science and minoring in History from the University of Florida
ASTB 51 5/5/4
Outstanding PRT (105 sit-ups, 88 push-ups, 9:38 1.5 mile)
Member of UF's wrestling practice team, Officer in Pi Sigma Alpha (Poli Sci Honors Society), Member of Gators for Sustainable Campus, High School I was in three sports (Cross Country, Wrestling, Track), in High School I was a member of Chemistry Honors Society.
LOR's from ALL my previous employers, one state attorney, one spinal surgeon, one retired Master Chief from the Navy, one 1st LT in the Air Force, one retired Sergent from the Marines, one US Senator, one Sergent from the Army who was my JROTC teacher in high school, two UF professors (one's retired and written a number of books, the other is a law professor and history professor (has a JD and PHD))
And I've worked my entire life, so hopefully that comes into account for my lack of volunteer hours. (Hopefully the boards takes that into consideration)

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
if you remember i am the one that told you you don't have a a chance in hell cause no one from there can pass the test. you were first one to do that as well. so there are a bunch of first, now get you ass up to the office so I can do a PRT on you for final select.
every day you waste is a day of lost pay!

Im on it, i'll be there for the PRT at 1500. I shouldn't have worked out so hard yesterday...

Falk

FS SNA
I am still waiting to hear back about the February boards (for pilot). I called my recruiter this morning and he said the results weren't out yet and probably wouldn't be out till next week. I told him that people on airwarriors seemed to have their results already and he said he double checked his system and said the latest results posted were from January.

tdimarco

Pro-Rec SNA
I finally got the call - pro-rec SNA, NFO, and SWO. My sympathy to those who haven't heard yet. The wait was killing me!

bjschilling

I just got an email back from my recruiter and he said that there are no results out for Feb and that whoever told me they were out was lying. I told him to check out the forum, who knows if he will. He is driving me crazy.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I just got an email back from my recruiter and he said that there are no results out for Feb and that whoever told me they were out was lying. I told him to check out the forum, who knows if he will. He is driving me crazy.

That is retarded...just call your NRD. They should give you the 411.

If you don't know what your "NRD" is..it's the district you are in. I'm in Oklahoma City and my recruiter is here, but I belong to NRD Dallas. Fortunately I had a good working relationship with the NRD and my recruiter here.

Good luck, circumstances such as yours are very frustrating..but it's your career...so go after the answers.

Falk

FS SNA
bjschilling I know your pain. My recruiter told me to call back next week to see if the results were out. I nearly screamed but I don't want to get him mad at me.

ksurf20

Does anyone have access to the Fleet Notification message for active duty personnel that were PRO REC'D during the Feb. '09 boards? If so, can you please send me a PM. Mahalo!

UTVol

Pro-Rec SNA
Not sure if I know exactly how it works but it seems to me that the results were emailed before they were "posted". I also think the results may hsve gone to the superiors and have to then be sent out to the recruitors. Maybe Im wrong but I had to talk to the guy one up from my recruiter to get the results. Hope this helps, sorry if it's wrong information.

Goob83

None
Not sure if I know exactly how it works but it seems to me that the results were emailed before they were "posted". I also think the results may hsve gone to the superiors and have to then be sent out to the recruitors. Maybe Im wrong but I had to talk to the guy one up from my recruiter to get the results. Hope this helps, sorry if it's wrong information.

you are correct as my orginal email indicated THE OPO's have the results. they are still not posted on the OTOOLS. Tell you recrutier this don't be shy it is your life not theirs who cares if you piss them off you are the customer.

acoustic2

Im In!

Just got the message today that I was selected for NFO (too old for pilot). No class info yet.

My stats:
-30 years old. Will be 31 at commissioning.
-Male
-Finance/Accounting BA 3.34 GPA
-Pilot / NFO / Intel (in that order)
-AW2 (Helo SAR swimmer) 10yrs enlisted
-5-6-5 48
-1 LOR from an O5
-1 LOR from an O6
-2 Interviews from O5s
-1 Interview from O6
-Very strong CO endorsement O5 at the time of app...now an O6

Extras:
-Private Pilot w/ Multi-engine rating
-Enlisted NATOPS Instructor
-CRM Facilitator
-1,800 hrs in SH-60B

Falk

FS SNA
Pro-rec for pilot :)

Congrats to everyone else who made it. For those of you who were not selected, keep trying. This was my second time around so it clearly helps to be persistent.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Pro-rec for pilot :)

Congrats to everyone else who made it. For those of you who were not selected, keep trying. This was my second time around so it clearly helps to be persistent.

Congrats man, when did you put for first available OCS date?

Falk

FS SNA

Hmmm.... My recruiter didn't ask me that. I think he knows that I want to go asap so hopefully he put that down.