• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

February 09 Boards

clearskiez

Pro'Rec'd NFO, I'm so happy. For anyone who doesn't have great ASTB scores, they really do look at the "whole person."

bjschilling

Well, you will all have to bear with me because I am going to vent a bit.

My recruiter continued to tell me that the results were not out yet, so I emailed the OPO. A few minutes later I received an email telling me that I was not looked at because my app was submitted too late. Just so you know they have had everything since first week of Nov. So I called the OPO to find out what the f*@$ is going on with my package. After about 30 minutes he guaranteed me that my package was submitted early this month. I am not sure if I should believe him or not. I have already drafted a letter to my local Senator, who happens to be Senator Reid the Senate Majority leader. They both told me to be patient and things will come, but I have been extremely patient since early November. My patience is gone especially when I am being lied to. And the so called excuse for the delay is that since I am a prior service Marine it took longer to put a package together for me. :icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage

BDCPCowboy

My recruiter continued to tell me that the results were not out yet, so I emailed the OPO. A few minutes later I received an email telling me that I was not looked at because my app was submitted too late. Just so you know they have had everything since first week of Nov. So I called the OPO to find out what the f*@$ is going on with my package. After about 30 minutes he guaranteed me that my package was submitted early this month. I am not sure if I should believe him or not. I have already drafted a letter to my local Senator, who happens to be Senator Reid the Senate Majority leader. They both told me to be patient and things will come, but I have been extremely patient since early November. My patience is gone especially when I am being lied to. And the so called excuse for the delay is that since I am a prior service Marine it took longer to put a package together for me. :icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage

Hey bjschilling I have been getting the run around from my OR out of Bismark since my packet was submitted in Nov. so I can empathize with you. Try to be flexible to the point of fluid. Its out of our hands at this point anyways but it is frustrating to be told they have no information when you know they do and then get rick rolled a couple month. Then be up this month try to contact them and they have there phones off and never return your messages. Hang in there man. How do you go about getting the OPO's phone number because I would love just to find out anything?

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN

WoW... I'm glad I'm active! My local OPO hooked me up, and I can ALWAYS reach them. If you could, try going to the office once or twice a week. Its hard to lie to a person's face... easier over the phone, IMO.

BDCPCowboy

WoW... I'm glad I'm active! My local OPO hooked me up, and I can ALWAYS reach them. If you could, try going to the office once or twice a week. Its hard to lie to a person's face... easier over the phone, IMO.

I would and I would love to except for the fact that I am in South Dakota and there isn't an Officer Recruiting Station in the whole state so I have to outsource myself to Bismark, ND. Almost everything I do except the ASTB has been through email or phone. Good times plus I don't need to see his face to know when he is lying. How would I go about getting any OPO's number because I am sure that they all can look it up if they are willing to put in the time and effort?

bjschilling

I would and I would love to except for the fact that I am in South Dakota and there isn't an Officer Recruiting Station in the whole state so I have to outsource myself to Bismark, ND. Almost everything I do except the ASTB has been through email or phone. Good times plus I don't need to see his face to know when he is lying. So how would I go about getting any OPO's number because I am sure that they all can look it up if they are willing to put in the time and effort.

800-344-4312 x1247 Here is the number for the Minnesota NRD which should be your area. Just ask for the OPO or Officer program head. Good luck.

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
I would and I would love to except for the fact that I am in South Dakota and there isn't an Officer Recruiting Station in the whole state so I have to outsource myself to Bismark, ND. Almost everything I do except the ASTB has been through email or phone. Good times plus I don't need to see his face to know when he is lying. How would I go about getting any OPO's number because I am sure that they all can look it up if they are willing to put in the time and effort?

Go to www.cnrc.navy.mil, on the left hand side of the page, click on one of the NRDs, then click on the "contact us" section. Some do not have a contact us, but some do. So just go through and start calling until somebody helps you out.

BDCPCowboy

So talked to my OR and I was supposed to be at the board this month. Nothing in any of the columns Non-select, Pro-Rec he said that this is usually a result of not being at the board for this month. Even he is confused what is going on with my packet. So no news looks like I might have to wait another month...again. Good news for all air warriors is that there is like 165NA slots left and like 145 packets in for this year. Also there is like 70NFO slots left and 45packets in. So its out of my hands out of my hands just working on my time management skills until I hear something.

BDCPCowboy

He said slots left from the total available. He did not specify if it was just BDCP or what. Sorry just relaying information that could be usual or it might not be.