• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FEB AMDO, IW & SWO rolling boards

exNavyOffRec

Hey everyone. I'm getting anxious abor results and can't seem to find a Board to follow for what I submitted for...

I am currently awaiting results back from 14Feb Boards for Navy Intel, IW, IP, and SWO.( those were my choices in order) I would love se feedback about chances for people that have no experience in military.

I am 22, currently in my third semester of grad school for Global Affairs and Counterterrorism

Undergrad GPA: 3.4
Political Science Major and Criminal Justice Minor
Grad GPA: 4.0
Global Affairs and Counterterrorism
OAR: 46
No prior service

22 years old
Female
College Athlete, Captain all three years
Graduated in three years by taking 22 credits a semester
Traveled the world by myself
Captain in High School Varsity Softball and Basketball
Involved in college SGA, Spanish Club, among 3 other groups/boards

References from 2 retired Jag Officers and 2 Star General Brigadier

Slightly confused on how selections take place regarding my order of choices.

The board appears to have already happened as AD and some civilians are finding out results. Depending on when you submitted you may have already been seen by part of the IDC board, did you take any technically classes like calc or physics? that is a big plus for IDC, in general they favor tech degrees and AD sailors in IDC fields.

SWO is closed as per RUFiO181

The board appears to have already happened as AD and some civilians are finding out results. Depending on when you submitted you may have already been seen by part of the IDC board, did you take any technically classes like calc or physics? that is a big plus for IDC, in general they favor tech degrees and AD sailors in IDC fields.

SWO is closed as per RUFiO181
NavyOffRec,

Do you know if there is some sort of list out of selectees?

bwalt88

I took a couple computer science classes and statistics in undergrad. I didn't have much room to take anything other than my required classes because I graduated with a major and a minor in three years.
And I submitted my packet back in November for the original December boards which I believe were cancelled.

Givemeinfo

What I don't understand is why all the different ORs have different information to give out, shouldn't you all be getting the same info? Makes things mighty confusing...Mine told me the board will still convene, are still accepting good SWO kits, and even if the FY is
closed you would just end up shipping during the summer. That's what my OR said, maybe you guys all have different sources.

exNavyOffRec

I took a couple computer science classes and statistics in undergrad. I didn't have much room to take anything other than my required classes because I graduated with a major and a minor in three years.
And I submitted my packet back in November for the original December boards which I believe were cancelled.

In that case odds are you were a N for IW, they did hold a board and only selected AD applicants.

exNavyOffRec

What I don't understand is why all the different ORs have different information to give out, shouldn't you all be getting the same info? Makes things mighty confusing...Mine told me the board will still convene, are still accepting good SWO kits, and even if the FY is
closed you would just end up shipping during the summer. That's what my OR said, maybe you guys all have different sources.

It is because some OR's don't get much info, they are told "just find people" I dealt with this before, talking to OR's from a different district their CO said just recruit, even if boards are closed just send up kits and tell the applicants there is still space.

Givemeinfo

It is because some OR's don't get much info, they are told "just find people" I dealt with this before, talking to OR's from a different district their CO said just recruit, even if boards are closed just send up kits and tell the applicants there is still space.

Ok thanks for the explanation, really I just want to know what to expect. If the board is closed now is there a time they should be expected to be open again? And would they receive my kit ever?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Unless you're active/prior-enlisted IDC (IT, CTT, IS ratings or similar in other branches) your chances of getting selected are very difficult, despite having a high GPA and/or ASTB score. Your best bet is to get a professional interview from a senior IDC officer, depending on which program you want to apply for. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's the gist of it.

IDC programs like to take folks from within, OR in some circumstances take folks off the streets who have a strong recommendation from someone senior in their own community.

exNavyOffRec

Unless you're active/prior-enlisted IDC (IT, CTT, IS ratings or similar in other branches) your chances of getting selected are very difficult, despite having a high GPA and/or ASTB score. Your best bet is to get a professional interview from a senior IDC officer, depending on which program you want to apply for. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's the gist of it.

IDC programs like to take folks from within, OR in some circumstances take folks off the streets who have a strong recommendation from someone senior in their own community.

I remember being told by NRC on a few occassions don't go looking for people to apply for IDC