• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Enter thread only with gloves on

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
You had to wear your g-suit and harness for the first few sims in K-rock when I went through, and several sim guys would flip shit over you not wearing gloves. So the gayness is not limited solely to the AF.

It was the same in Meridian.

I'm still haven't worn out the gloves I wore in T-45 land if that tells you anything (several years after winging).

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Wait so we don't have to sweat balls anymore prior to engine start with gloves on and sleeves down?

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Wait so we don't have to sweat balls anymore prior to engine start with gloves on and sleeves down?

Gloves or not, the Persian Gulf in the summer time, you will sweat not only your balls off, but every other piece of anatomy. Don't regale us with stories of turboweenie summers either. Been there done that, you ain't seen nothing yet and you'll think of summer in FL or CC as an Alaskan vacation! A P-3 in Oman, a Helo in Bahrain, a Hornet on the flight deck in the NAG... all gonna suck!

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Initial T-6 and T-2 sims in P-Cola were in full gear, to include gloves.

Yah a buddy of mine is about a month into NFO Primary and was telling me horror stories about wearing full gear + gloves in the sims. Its a hard life, what can you do. :D

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
No, you just need to suck less at your checklists so you don't have to wait as long :D.

I keed, I keed.

No keeeding about it, suck less at your checklists and it'll be less time you have to sit on deck roasting like a pig.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
A few years back (2001/2) a VT-27 IUT was strapping in for a CPT. As he was getting ready he felt an intense heat on his bare left forearm. Looking over he sees the sim instructor holding a butane lighter flame an inch or so under his arm. He jerked his arm away with a loud "WTF!" The sim guy's response was to start lecturing the IUT on rolling his sleeves down and wearing his gloves. Needless to say the sim event ended about 5 seconds later with said IUT all up in the sim guy's grill. The IUT restrained himself, walked out and filed the complaint up the chain appropriately. After some investigating, we determined he had done this to SNAs quite a few times but nobody had ever spoken up.

FWIW, I think XXXX (name drop) is still a sim instructor, but he leaves his lighter at home now.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
A few years back (2001/2) a VT-27 IUT was strapping in for a CPT. As he was getting ready he felt an intense heat on his bare left forearm. Looking over he sees the sim instructor holding a butane lighter flame an inch or so under his arm. He jerked his arm away with a loud "WTF!" The sim guy's response was to start lecturing the IUT on rolling his sleeves down and wearing his gloves. Needless to say the sim event ended about 5 seconds later with said IUT all up in the sim guy's grill. The IUT restrained himself, walked out and filed the complaint up the chain appropriately. After some investigating, we determined he had done this to SNAs quite a few times but nobody had ever spoken up.

FWIW, I think XXXXX (name drop) is still a sim instructor, but he leaves his lighter at home now.

Are you freaking kidding me? Although my last post about this got deleted (appropriately so), this doesn't surprise me. It was with this sim instructor that I got reprimanded for not rolling my sleeves down. When other sim instructors didn't care. (it's freaking obvious that I'd roll my sleeves down in the plane, but it's a sim. Who cares?)

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Lol.....gents, no need to look into my previous post so deeply. I was seriously just curious if this means we don't have to wear the gloves in the VT's? Nothing to do w/ a slow x-list on start-up or complaining about the Turboweenie being too hot (yes, it's really not that bad).....I don the gloves and unroll sleeves well before I even get in the aircraft so as to be ready to start when I get in.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Gloves or not, the Persian Gulf in the summer time, you will sweat not only your balls off, but every other piece of anatomy. Don't regale us with stories of turboweenie summers either. Been there done that, you ain't seen nothing yet and you'll think of summer in FL or CC as an Alaskan vacation! A P-3 in Oman, a Helo in Bahrain, a Hornet on the flight deck in the NAG... all gonna suck!

Exactly what I tell my studs...you think it's hot and humid out here in the panhandle? Just wait until you get to Gulf. Your sweat actually has it's own little sweat beads.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Exactly what I tell my studs...you think it's hot and humid out here in the panhandle? Just wait until you get to Gulf. Your sweat actually has it's own little sweat beads.

My first combat hop in the NAG, I had a 50oz camel back on my flight gear, as well as a two liter bottle of water with me. By the time I ever made it to the catapult (45 minutes from stepping on the flight deck), I had completely downed the two liter bottle of water, and I had sweat through my flight suit, g-suit, and my harness. My the ties under the back of my helmet from my do-rag/skull cap were like a faucet pouring all the sweat down my back.

It was even more awesome coming back to the ship 8 hours later, and going to my 100 degree (not lying) stateroom.