• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Enter thread only with gloves on

Pags

N/A
pilot
My first combat hop in the NAG, I had a 50oz camel back on my flight gear, as well as a two liter bottle of water with me. By the time I ever made it to the catapult (45 minutes from stepping on the flight deck), I had completely downed the two liter bottle of water, and I had sweat through my flight suit, g-suit, and my harness. My the ties under the back of my helmet from my do-rag/skull cap were like a faucet pouring all the sweat down my back.

It was even more awesome coming back to the ship 8 hours later, and going to my 100 degree (not lying) stateroom.

I sweat through my boots on most days. It's not uncommon to have mics stop working from sweat in them. The worst is my zeta liner, which, after a couple of hours of flying in the gulf, is like a giant sweat filled sponge. Any movement of my head makes sweat pour down my face. Nasty.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
I sweat through my boots on most days. It's not uncommon to have mics stop working from sweat in them. The worst is my zeta liner, which, after a couple of hours of flying in the gulf, is like a giant sweat filled sponge. Any movement of my head makes sweat pour down my face. Nasty.

Yeah, when I finally washed mine, it was pure nastiness that came out of the water. All my flight suits I had on cruise, will smell like fresh laundry after you wash them... as soon as they come in contact with ANY sweat it's like something gets reactivated and BOOM, they reek again.

Rubiks06

pilot
Its makeing me sweat just reading this thread. You think they would let me volunteer for an Antarctica det?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Yeah, when I finally washed mine, it was pure nastiness that came out of the water. All my flight suits I had on cruise, will smell like fresh laundry after you wash them... as soon as they come in contact with ANY sweat it's like something gets reactivated and BOOM, they reek again.

WHY is that?? I've noticed it too. While my experience is limited to the turboweenie, it STILL applies. I wash it, and it smells nice and fresh. but after ONE flight, I'll come back and get stares from people as I walk through the ready room, I stink so bad from ballsack and JP-5. You can practically see the squiggly stink lines.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
WHY is that?? I've noticed it too. While my experience is limited to the turboweenie, it STILL applies. I wash it, and it smells nice and fresh. but after ONE flight, I'll come back and get stares from people as I walk through the ready room, I stink so bad from ballsack and JP-5. You can practically see the squiggly stink lines.

That's just you.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None

You have to shower too...

Boat wise I think it's because they don't actually use detergent in ships laundry.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
You have to shower too...

Boat wise I think it's because they don't actually use detergent in ships laundry.

Haha, no kidding. It got to the point where I'd shower two times a day at least (before going in for a flight and when I got back). And if I PTed, then a third time after PT.

Didn't matter... whatever was "in" the bag got "activated" again on the next flight, washed or not.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Didn't matter... whatever was "in" the bag got "activated" again on the next flight, washed or not.

I've noticed this too. My solution was to stop giving a damn, because I'm pretty sure everyone else's smells like ballsweat too.

Pags

N/A
pilot

You can wash flight gear?

:)

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
So does the paraloft/equipment issue ever wash our vests (and other equipment for you jet folks)?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
So does the paraloft/equipment issue ever wash our vests (and other equipment for you jet folks)?

I doubt it. On the morning of my cross country, I went to check out MY vest.... only they were doing something or other (bullshit) and my vest was unavailable, so I had to use a pool vest. It smelled like rancid ballsack and persian underarms..... I don't think the thing had been washed EVER.