• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Enter thread only with gloves on

xmid

pilot
Contributor
More Iraq silly circles up north
upnorth.jpg

No gloves? Were you about to engage in shipboard recovery?...;)

In all honesty, do most of you guys in the fleet fly without gloves the majority of the time?

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor

In all honesty, do most of you guys in the fleet fly without gloves the majority of the time?

I'm no thread police, but somewhere in my addled brain I am thinking we have already covered this on AW.

pilot_man

Ex-Rhino driver
pilot

Gloves are for when your hands get cold and you don't feel like messing with the heater.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Looks like the API rules and regs test needs a revision... Or ten:D

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
You'll have to forgive us pipeline noobs. We're used to sim instructors telling us to roll our sleeves down for "fire protection" lest the sim burst into flame. No joke. We practically wear our gloves during the brief.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
You'll have to forgive us pipeline noobs. We're used to sim instructors telling us to roll our sleeves down for "fire protection" lest the sim burst into flame. No joke. We practically wear our gloves during the brief.

could be worse. they could make you wear a g-suit, helmet, mask, AND gloves in the sim a la the chair force.

LSI instructors...qualified enough to die

i thought about taking that one to the extreme and neglecting the flight suit or underwear, but it is cold in oklahoma in the winter.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
What's funny is that I've seen more fires in the sims that I have in a plane. One in the T-34 sims was just about the funniest thing I'd ever seen. A classmate of mine was practicing one evening while I was just getting done with one of my sims across the room. All of the sudden this 6 foot 3 inch Marine comes bailing out of the sim just as fast as he can and starts yelling fire! Luckily one of the other sim instructors killed power to the sim and got everyone out of the room. Funny thing though, you never saw that Marine not wear his gloves in the sim.

Rubiks06

pilot
Its hit or miss here but i practically got laughed at the first time i climbed into our sim and went to put my gloves on.

Lobster

could be worse. they could make you wear a g-suit, helmet, mask, AND gloves in the sim a la the chair force.

LSI instructors...qualified enough to die

i thought about taking that one to the extreme and neglecting the flight suit or underwear, but it is cold in oklahoma in the winter.

Or the Civil Air Patrol, remember those pics of the guys in G-Suits that were on here a little while ago? :p

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

You had to wear your g-suit and harness for the first few sims in K-rock when I went through, and several sim guys would flip shit over you not wearing gloves. So the gayness is not limited solely to the AF.