• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

SLH350

pilot
Good numbers, but just an alert. They will be interested in knowing the outcome of your Marine Corps OCS experience.;)
BzB
It was an NPQ due to a stress fracture, I was recommended to come back but due to administrative set backs and then having active duty spots cut for our recruiting district I switched services. I explained all that in my motivational statement, hopefully that won't be held against me? My recruiter seemed to think it would be a positive.

halfbreed83

So is the document in this thread accurate that this is now a rolling board?? And if so is it then likely that a board will meet prior to December? I'm submitting next week hopefully, crazy nervous about it.-

Age- 24
GPA- 3.1 Wake Forest University
ASTB- 7/8/7 60 OAR
So far I've got 2 college professor LORs, 3 O-3s, and 1 E-7
6 hours civilian flight hours and I've been to Marine Corps OCS
Applying SNA and NFO
wow good scores !

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It was an NPQ due to a stress fracture, I was recommended to come back but due to administrative set backs and then having active duty spots cut for our recruiting district I switched services. I explained all that in my motivational statement, hopefully that won't be held against me? My recruiter seemed to think it would be a positive.
In that you explained that in your MS, this shouldn't be problematic. What is of concern, is applicants who have previously started a military program, then decided to drop out (DOR) for lack of motivation, other personal reasons; or are terminated for substandard academics, physical fitness, or behavioral traits. Your OCS physical injury problem would probably be referred to MEPS to be checked out thoroughly in your physical exam for medical clearance. I would get together all medical documentation you may have retained in your files concerning the fracture. They will probably ask you for an explanation of why you didn't return to OCS after their positive recommendation (or is that already provided in your MS)?

Not to alarm you... as you'll probably be OK, just want you to be aware that there will be interest concerning the incompleted OCS program.
BzB

SLH350

pilot
In that you explained that in your MS, this shouldn't be problematic. What is of concern, is applicants who have previously started a military program, then decided to drop out (DOR) for lack of motivation, other personal reasons; or are terminated for substandard academics, physical fitness, or behavioral traits. Your OCS physical injury problem would probably be referred to MEPS to be checked out thoroughly in your physical exam for medical clearance. I would get together all medical documentation you may have retained in your files concerning the fracture. They will probably ask you for an explanation of why you didn't return to OCS after their positive recommendation (or is that already provided in your MS)?

Not to alarm you... as you'll probably be OK, just want you to be aware that there will be interest concerning the incompleted OCS program.
BzB
I think I covered all of that pretty well in the MS, I guess we'll see. I do have tons and tons of med docs on hand in case they need to see anything so hopefully I won't encounter any issues. I appreciate the advice! Fingers crossed this board goes well, It's been 2 years since I went to OCS, I'm ready to get moving.

The_Pants

I sustained a stress fracture in my right foot on week 7/10. Had a reenrollment waiver approved but then they pulled all my RS's active duty officer spots for the upcoming January OCC class and I decided I wasn't willing to wait for October of next year.

Was in the same position, but I did not have the opportunity to go to OCS. Was told before I even submitted my application to the October board. But like you I don't want to wait. Good luck.

CTFly1

All in favor of the board convening and releasing results before Christmas say Aye. All opposed say Nay. In the opinion of me, the Aye's have it and the motion is passed... Somebody inform the board about this resolution. (I should be the Speaker of the House)

alaurin

All day, every day!
OR told me earlier this week that I might be joining you guys for this December board, reapplying for Pro-Rec Y SNA. We'll see though.... The government shutdown certainly isn't helping my application any. I was Pro-Rec Y in July but hit several speed bumps for my medical PQ. We'll see what happens over the next few months.

26 F non prior
SNA/CEC
3.32 Mechanical Engineering
7/6/6/60
5 LORs- 1 CDR USN, 1 Maj AF, 1 retired special force SSG, old boss, volunteer program director

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*

You might as well change your user name to "drill body."

There was a guy in my OCS class who was NPQed a year or so beforehand (from Navy OCS) due to some kind of stress fracture**, and he got back in. He was NFO the first time, SNA the second time. So the upside is that your application won't look bad because you went to Marine OCS. However, the downside was that he got NPQed from aviation this time because of the fracture history which the Navy already friggin' knew about! I think his was pelvic or something though. He ended up going supply.

There was also a gal a few classes after me that had stress fractures (I think) from all the humps at Marine OCS and wound up going IW. I believe she had a ground contract.

**I know the whole situation was really bad on his new wife. I'm not sure if he was actually NPQed or if he wound up in med hold for a long time and DORed. Regardless, the staff were really happy to see him come back.

You might as well change your user name to "drill body."

There was a guy in my OCS class who was NPQed a year or so beforehand (from Navy OCS) due to some kind of stress fracture**, and he got back in. He was NFO the first time, SNA the second time. So the upside is that your application won't look bad because you went to Marine OCS. However, the downside was that he got NPQed from aviation this time because of the fracture history which the Navy already friggin' knew about! I think his was pelvic or something though. He ended up going supply.

There was also a gal a few classes after me that had stress fractures (I think) from all the humps at Marine OCS and wound up going IW. I believe she had a ground contract.

**I know the whole situation was really bad on his new wife. I'm not sure if he was actually NPQed or if he wound up in med hold for a long time and DORed. Regardless, the staff were really happy to see him come back.

You know a guy who was NPQed from SNA just because of the history of a fracture? Even though it had healed and they already knew about it? That bites!

I didn't know that they would NPQ people based on history, even if there were no residual effects. That would be pretty upsetting to be accepted to go SNA and end up supply (nothing against supply, it is just that it is obvious this guy wanted aviation).

Cheers,

Zach

exNavyOffRec

You know a guy who was NPQed from SNA just because of the history of a fracture? Even though it had healed and they already knew about it? That bites!

I didn't know that they would NPQ people based on history, even if there were no residual effects. That would be pretty upsetting to be accepted to go SNA and end up supply (nothing against supply, it is just that it is obvious this guy wanted aviation).

Cheers,

Zach

Many medical issues that cause people to be NPQ or PDQ are "history of"

Kristoffer Abonal

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae!"
Has anyone gotten info on competitive stats for Intel O? Although I am putting in my hat for SWO and Supply, Intel O is the one Community I'm really gunning for. I hope we all do well for the Dec Boards, and excited to hopefully meet all of you at OCS.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Has anyone gotten info on competitive stats for Intel O? Although I am putting in my hat for SWO and Supply, Intel O is the one Community I'm really gunning for. I hope we all do well for the Dec Boards, and excited to hopefully meet all of you at OCS.
You certainly have the package to do well on any of those boards. How come no desire for SNA/SNFO, did you miss Top Gun? Good luck on your boards.:)
BzB