• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

The_Pants

Push forward till next year or next month?
According to the FY14 draft that I posted previously, it would be next year. The board is scheduled, according to the draft, to convene in December, but with the shutdown it may be pushed ahead a month, so January 2014. But it's not official he said...yet. Let's hope they can pass a budget soon.

The_Pants

PFT scores don't go to the board, nothing medical does, just professional documents.
So my MEPS documents do not go before the board? Just the application with recommendations, mission statement, resume, stuff like that? If that's true, couldn't you submit an application without going through MEPS?

exNavyOffRec

So my MEPS documents do not go before the board? Just the application with recommendations, mission statement, resume, stuff like that? If that's true, couldn't you submit an application without going through MEPS?

correct.

you can and many do, that is why people here are talking about getting to MEPS within the window given after being Pro Y from the board.

The_Pants

correct.

you can and many do, that is why people here are talking about getting to MEPS within the window given after being Pro Y from the board.
Wow, what a relief. I was stressing out because I haven't been to MEPS yet, but I guess I'm fine. Thanks for the info!!!

AaronJB

Dumb Ensign, VT-6
Long time AW lurker here. I will be applying to the December (or possibly soon to be January) board for SNA/SNFO.

7/8/7 53
3.14 GPA B.S. Commercial Aviation
CSEL, CMEL, CFI, MEI
500 hrs flight time

jander12

pilot
If you don't mind me asking what was your RE code and why did you separate?

RE-3k. I left the Naval Academy December 2009 - became fruitful and multiplied a little sooner than intended - my options to stay at USNA were not acceptable to me (abortion or irreversible adoption). I did what I believed to be the "right" decision.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
RE-3k. I left the Naval Academy December 2009 - became fruitful and multiplied a little sooner than intended - my options to stay at USNA were not acceptable to me (abortion or irreversible adoption). I did what I believed to be the "right" decision.
Kudos for sticking to your guns, and doing the right thing. Tough choice... that you'll never regret!:)
BzB

IUGUY

So, whats the deal with it being rolling boards now? Should we still expect a board in december. My package is in the chain of command and on its way up to the CO as we speak. Hopefully, nothing else hangs it up....

Is being active duty a big bonus towards selection or is it an even playing field versus civilians?

exNavyOffRec

So, whats the deal with it being rolling boards now? Should we still expect a board in december. My package is in the chain of command and on its way up to the CO as we speak. Hopefully, nothing else hangs it up....

Is being active duty a big bonus towards selection or is it an even playing field versus civilians?

The latest info from DIVO was that the rolling boards are no longer rolling and back to a set schedule.

In some designators being AD helps, in others it does not, IDC likes AD, Pilot/NFO/SWO have a low selection rate for AD compared to civilians.

halfbreed83

The latest info from DIVO was that the rolling boards are no longer rolling and back to a set schedule.

In some designators being AD helps, in others it does not, IDC likes AD, Pilot/NFO/SWO have a low selection rate for AD compared to civilians.
What about prior service members?

exNavyOffRec

What about prior service members?

Priors for most designators seem to fall in the same percentages as civilians, I believe the biggest issue with AD having a low selection rate is either bad info by CCC's or being told "once your active your GPA won't matter" or a combination of the two.

I talked to a AD sailor with a degree in History (might have been Psych or some other non tech degree) who's CCC and DH told him to apply for CEC, they told him once your active your degree doesn't matter.

Coulanon

1 per diem, 2 per diem, 3 per diem, floor!
Unfortunately found out this week I failed depth perception for pilot at MEPS and also failed at an in town eye doctor. Still good for NFO though so my packet should be there beginning of next week!