• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

Kristoffer Abonal

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae!"
You certainly have the package to do well on any of those boards. How come no desire for SNA/SNFO, did you miss Top Gun? Good luck on your boards.:)
BzB

Ha thanks BZB. My OR kept trying to convince me to try for SNA/SNFO but I had no interest in flying to be honest. Also I hadn't touch any spatial material, so didn't want to over complicate things. I don't like to count my eggs before they hatch, so I tend to be skeptical about my chances haha.

mich313

Supply/SWO/Intel
Has anyone gotten info on competitive stats for Intel O? Although I am putting in my hat for SWO and Supply, Intel O is the one Community I'm really gunning for. I hope we all do well for the Dec Boards, and excited to hopefully meet all of you at OCS.

We're going for the same boards, however I'm more partial to Supply/SWO than Intel. My stats aren't quite as awesome as yours, but hopefully I'll be seeing you at OCS in the near future! :)

Kristoffer Abonal

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae!"
We're going for the same boards, however I'm more partial to Supply/SWO than Intel. My stats aren't quite as awesome as yours, but hopefully I'll be seeing you at OCS in the near future! :)

Ha don't sell yourself short mich313, your stats are very impressive. I've heard after a certain OAR score the board looks more into the person as a whole package, rather than relying on their ASTB score. Well hopefully we will get into the communities we want. Best of luck!

exNavyOffRec

Has anyone gotten info on competitive stats for Intel O? Although I am putting in my hat for SWO and Supply, Intel O is the one Community I'm really gunning for. I hope we all do well for the Dec Boards, and excited to hopefully meet all of you at OCS.

It can be broken into 2 groups, the first is that they look very hard and prefer those with prior service or those currently AD, then you have traits for civilians applying and they are what I have seen and/or heard in the past from the program managers, tech degree, very high GPA, leadership, and strong LOR's from professors/employers.

The above doesn't mean a person won't get picked up that is outside of what I have listed, but if you look at those selected the above are the common items.

Kristoffer Abonal

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae!"
It can be broken into 2 groups, the first is that they look very hard and prefer those with prior service or those currently AD, then you have traits for civilians applying and they are what I have seen and/or heard in the past from the program managers, tech degree, very high GPA, leadership, and strong LOR's from professors/employers.

The above doesn't mean a person won't get picked up that is outside of what I have listed, but if you look at those selected the above are the common items.

Thanks NavyOffRec, hopefully I'll fall somewhere in one of those groups.

jander12

pilot
I am applying to this board as well (edit: SNA/SNFO). Just got my RE-code waiver approved last week. I'm currently following up with some medical "issues" now in order to get that paperwork signed. Recruiter has turned my application over to his processor last I heard.

mich313

Supply/SWO/Intel
Does anybody know the timeline after OR gives my app to processor? It was handed over on Thursday, just want to get an idea of where I'm at.

dademcbrayer

Does anybody know the timeline after OR gives my app to processor? It was handed over on Thursday, just want to get an idea of where I'm at.
I can't say for sure, but from talking with my recruiter and processor (I am working with both at the same time so I can streamline my application) I think the processor will review your application for any errors. Then once both recruiter and processor agree that there are no errors that will cause your app from being overlooked it will be submitted.

If anyone has more accurate information please correct me.

exNavyOffRec

I can't say for sure, but from talking with my recruiter and processor (I am working with both at the same time so I can streamline my application) I think the processor will review your application for any errors. Then once both recruiter and processor agree that there are no errors that will cause your app from being overlooked it will be submitted.

If anyone has more accurate information please correct me.

pretty close... recruiter to processor for error check, then processor to OACR/OPS for comments and signature, back to processor for scanning and upload to CIRIMS, then review by NRC processor for what "they think are errors", then to program manager for review for errors and put in "at board" status.

If errors are found at any level it can be kicked back to either the recruiter (if still at NRD level) or back to the NRD if at CNRC level (minor errors to not result in kickback)

gp360

I am applying to this board as well (edit: SNA/SNFO). Just got my RE-code waiver approved last week. I'm currently following up with some medical "issues" now in order to get that paperwork signed. Recruiter has turned my application over to his processor last I heard.

If you don't mind me asking what was your RE code and why did you separate?

Many medical issues that cause people to be NPQ or PDQ are "history of"

Wow, so is there a list out there somewhere of conditions or historical issues that if one pertains to you, you might as well hang it up for Pilot/NFO? Or is it more of a case by case discretion?

Cheers,

- Z

The_Pants

-UPDATE-

Just got off the phone with my OR and the December Board for Pilots/NFO/SWO may be pushed forward a month due to the government shutdown, and potentially all boards that have not yet convened. He is just waiting for an official letter from the top. But, this could be good news because now we have more time to add to our applications and beef up our PFT. Hang in there!

halfbreed83

-UPDATE-

Just got off the phone with my OR and the December Board for Pilots/NFO/SWO may be pushed forward a month due to the government shutdown, and potentially all boards that have not yet convened. He is just waiting for an official letter from the top. But, this could be good news because now we have more time to add to our applications and beef up our PFT. Hang in there!
Push forward till next year or next month?

exNavyOffRec

-UPDATE-

PFT scores don't go to the board, nothing medical does, just professional documents.