• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

December Board Applicants

mikeVT

How competitive is getting a pilot seat? I was told that if you meet the competitive profile you have a very good shot at getting selected. I'm trying to get a gauge on my odds for: 54 OAR, 7/7/7.

tawojt

When I met with my recruiter last week, he told me that the the minimums has been reduced to 35 3-3-3 :O
for aviation applicants....dunno how true this is. Has anyone heard anything similar?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
How competitive is getting a pilot seat? I was told that if you meet the competitive profile you have a very good shot at getting selected. I'm trying to get a gauge on my odds for: 54 OAR, 7/7/7.
***We do not give odds or %s on AW***
No bookies here... we can say that your scores of 7/7/7/54, are above average and very competitive for Pilot!;)
BzB

mikeVT

***We do not give odds or %s on AW***
No bookies here... we can say that your scores of 7/7/7/54, are above average and very competitive for Pilot!;)
BzB

My bad! Thanks for the positive reinforcement, I guess that was really what I was fishing for... Appreciate the feedback. Good luck to everyone.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nope... nothing bad. It's normal to want to quantify chances. Problem is, speculation is not quantitative.;)
Thanks for the positive reinforcement, I guess that was really what I was fishing for... Appreciate the feedback. Good luck to everyone.
Note that it is your test scores I cited as very competitive. I cannot find a place (either in your posts, or profile), where you have posted college, major, GPA, LORs, and all the other relevant info in your application. ASTB/OAR scores are very important for aviation, but GPA is also, plus the rest for a well-rounded competitive package.:)

BTW, well done on the gouge you posted after your test session. Helping out Shipmates, is 'the name of the game' in the Navy, as you'll discover in OCS:D.
BzB

mikeVT

I cannot find a place (either in your posts, or profile), where you have posted college, major, GPA, LORs, and all the other relevant info in your application. ASTB/OAR scores are very important for aviation, but GPA is also, plus the rest for a well-rounded competitive package.:)
BzB

Understood. I took some time to fill in some info. I realize my gouge wasn't much new. If anything it was reassurance that with using this site and working hard, you can achieve the scores you're looking for. Either way, I'm happy to help.

exNavyOffRec

In addition to what BzB said there are some other factors, such as how many billets are available, GPA, degree, etc.... I can tell you based on my experience (this does not include the "take everyone" period) people that I submitted with 7's had 50/50 selection rate, now remember that this is experience from the people my NRD submitted.

I think with the items you have listed in your profile you make a good case for them to select you.

CTFly1

Hey OffRec. Do you have clarification on whether a Letter of Qualification that confirms degree requirement completion and your confirmed conferral date combined with a transcript would be acceptable in place of a transcript with the conferral date on it? I get my degree conferred on the 18th but don't really want to wait until then to get a new transcript. Scared of missing a rolling board for SNA/NFO/SWO. Recruiting Command has already received my package, but I got an email from a guy requesting a copy of my transcript with conferral date. That's my only hold up. I get that this is a stupid question and I assume the guy is correct about needing the updated transcript, just seems kind of unnecessary with the other documentation I included.

exNavyOffRec

Hey OffRec. Do you have clarification on whether a Letter of Qualification that confirms degree requirement completion and your confirmed conferral date combined with a transcript would be acceptable in place of a transcript with the conferral date on it? I get my degree conferred on the 18th but don't really want to wait until then to get a new transcript. Scared of missing a rolling board for SNA/NFO/SWO. Recruiting Command has already received my package, but I got an email from a guy requesting a copy of my transcript with conferral date. That's my only hold up. I get that this is a stupid question and I assume the guy is correct about needing the updated transcript, just seems kind of unnecessary with the other documentation I included.

You have to have the degree conferred to submit when you are active duty, anything else is considered a "will grad" which means all requirements are met but that does not equal a conferred degree.

I believe DIVO had info that rolling boards were turned off again, unfortunately it takes time to route things like board schedules so when things change what often happens is what was just signed is already out of date.

CTFly1

You have to have the degree conferred to submit when you are active duty, anything else is considered a "will grad" which means all requirements are met but that does not equal a conferred degree.

I believe DIVO had info that rolling boards were turned off again

Roger that. Well, here's to hoping there's another board sometime soon! Anytime between now and December would make me happy.

halfbreed83

I do not believe your OR. I would like to see that from a more official source than one "My OR told me... ".The Navy needs good commonsensical stick monkeys & ship drivers... astro-physic engineers & 4.0 bookworms, not quite so much!:rolleyes:

mich313, no need to stress out over this rumor, anything above 3.0 should be relatively competitive. Your GPA, 3.24 or 3.4 will be fine.:)
BzB
AGREED! I will ask him to send me a PDF of the form and post it.

halfbreed83

On the last board, guys and gals where getting selected with those scores.