• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dark brown flight boots? When did that happen?

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Just get the Red Wings.
I've been wearing these for a few years now, and no one says anything unless my flight suit ride up enough to show the top (where it's black)

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Has anyone tried the Belleville 339 ST? Any big changes from the standard boots they issue during API?

If you are talking about the new Belleville's in the supply chain, they have a different toe design (the laces don't go as far forward), and I've been told there is more support in the aft spine. Supposedly lighter too. I haven't gotten them yet. I personally like the look of the legacy version, but most people wear redwings if it isn't AMI anyway.....

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
That's the standard (disallowed) model. I tried those and 2408 and preferred the latter. YMMV
Just got a pair of the 2233. Already noticeable difference from the Hellvilles. The tongue initially put a lot of pressure on my inner ankle bones but after wearing them for a week and folding it over in the middle, they have started to settle in.

Reactions: IKE

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
FWIW, a couple years ago CNAF actual was spotted flying in his Red Wings on an official SM post, so by inference, the prohibition against them is null and void. If I were a squadron CO going through AMI, I'd pull that picture out during the AMI in brief.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
Semi related, what are the go to replacements for the brown leather shoes for khakis? I've heard of people wearing Allen Edmonds Leeds and Florsheims.

Mos

None
FWIW, a couple years ago CNAF actual was spotted flying in his Red Wings on an official SM post, so by inference, the prohibition against them is null and void. If I were a squadron CO going through AMI, I'd pull that picture out during the AMI in brief.
I've never heard of AMI looking at flyers' boots. Then again, I've rarely been around the hangar during AMI.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Semi related, what are the go to replacements for the brown leather shoes for khakis? I've heard of people wearing Allen Edmonds Leeds and Florsheims.
I have the Allen Edmonds Road Warriors (not sure if they make them anymore), and highly recommend them. Outwardly similar to Bates and the Leeds but with soles that are way more comfortable than the Bates.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Point of order: CNAF doesn't control airworthiness. Now if NAVAIR actual is caught in Red Wings -- game on.