• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Dark brown flight boots? When did that happen?

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None
That's the standard (disallowed) model. I tried those and 2408 and preferred the latter. YMMV
Got a picture to compare against? The red wing looks more red initially from the stock photo. I’m assuming after a light coat of brown polish it all starts to look the same shade.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Got a picture to compare against? The red wing looks more red initially from the stock photo. I’m assuming after a light coat of brown polish it all starts to look the same shade.
20230317_071827.jpg

Very old 330s next to 3-yr old 2408s. I can't remember the last time I polished the Red Wings. I suppose they are a little more towards red than dark drown, but I use the basic Kiwi brown and think they blend in enough. I prefer the brown laces and dark grommets compared to those of the 2233, and I usually only get comments if my flight suit leg rides up and the black band at the top is revealed.

FLGUY

“Technique only”
pilot
Contributor
Are these acceptable for the Navy folks?

View attachment 37829

Officially per uniform regs no, but plenty of people still do. Its usually the desert style boots that you’d usually see with tan bags are sometimes worn with green bags. Much more comfortable and laid back.

However, a nicely shined brown boot always looks great, despite the funny banter between the Chiefs and JOs about whether or not boots need to be shined. :D

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So boots with nylon panels are being worn in the cockpit? Any of these bootleg boots lacking steel toes?

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
AF, Army, and USCG wears whatever is comfortable and practical. Where did the Navy affection for steel toes and leather come from?
I do know in the case of the A-4 with the ESCAPAC ejection seat and the tiny cockpit, the steel toes were a safety measure to prevent losing your toes to the instrument panel during the ride up the rails in the advent of an ejection.