• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

SlickAg

pilot
I hadn't seen any reports of the efficacy of the drugs he's pushing. Do you have a good source on that one? I saw today that Brazil shut down their trials after many died from heart issues.

I wonder if Acting DNI Grenell (who has zero background in the Intel community), would agree with this POTUS statement at today's shitshow 'press conference':

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
I hope you understand it’s Twitter bro. And a forum of dudes arguing. Posting a screenshot doesn’t mean I think it’s a peer reviewed law journal article.
Yes, and you were the person that shared it here. I don't think it holds up to scrutinity.

taxi1

pilot
Here’s another article. Do you think the President wasn’t briefed on this before he talked about it??
Doctors are able to prescribe it, hopefully the data is being collected, since we've had a fair number go through the system that didn't take it. Not a full-on double blind trial, but we're in a pandemic. I hope it is as good as it is being talked up.

SlickAg

pilot
Yes, and you were the person that shared it here. I don't think it holds up to scrutinity.
Lighten up dude. I also told him to give his employee a copy to show the cop. Are you going to turn me in for practicing law without a license? Here’s the watermarked original on the woman’s Instagram he got it from. Where are you flowing to?

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
Here’s another article. Do you think the President wasn’t briefed on this before he talked about it??

I would love to hear that some scientist or physician briefed him on this, but there is pretty good evidence that he gets his info from Fox News vice experts.

SlickAg

pilot
I would love to hear that some scientist or physician briefed him on this, but there is pretty good evidence that he gets his info from Fox News vice experts.
You mean like maybe the experts standing NEXT to him at his press briefs? You're the one who admitted you don't even watch them, so I don't understand who made you the Trump Truth Police.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor

Man, I genuinely hope they find some therapeutic drug soon. I'm assuming our public health infrastructure knows more about this than Rudy, Sean, and Laura.

That article is about as convincing to me as if she credited her recovery to Bikram Yoga and CBD oils and potions.

SlickAg

pilot
Doctors are able to prescribe it, hopefully the data is being collected, since we've had a fair number go through the system that didn't take it. Not a full-on double blind trial, but we're in a pandemic. I hope it is as good as it is being talked up.

The patients who had heart issues were taking 100-200% more than the recommended adult dose. Not surprising that there were some unintended side effects. Also, if they were seriously ill from covid, they very likely were elderly, and had co-morbidities. Doctors wouldn't prescribe it if they thought it was going to kill the patient.

Hydroxychloroquine, approved in 1955, is typically preferred over chloroquine because it has fewer side effects. Side effects for both medications, which are more common at higher doses and with long-term use, include:

• Irreversible visual changes
  • Long QT or QT prolongation (abnormal heart rhythm)
  • Muscle weakness or nerve pain
  • Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose)
  • Worsening of psoriasis
Like you said, worldwide pandemic and all.

SlickAg

pilot
Man, I genuinely hope they find some therapeutic drug soon. I'm assuming our public health infrastructure knows more about this than Rudy, Sean, and Laura.

That article is about as convincing to me as if she credited her recovery to Bikram Yoga and CBD oils and potions.
Feel free to click on the NY Post article I posted above. Is that more convincing to you?

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
I'm waiting for a health expert to say that it is a probably safe and mostly effective drug for this coronavirus. I would love to see it, but I haven't.

The plural of anecdote is not data.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
...would agree with this POTUS statement at today's shitshow 'press conference':

It’s been in the news multiple governors have said the same type of things to city and county governments.

A good example is the governor who told the city they had to reopen their beaches because the Governor’s order overrode the Mayor’s order.

It is going to be interesting to see how this works out with reopening the economy and the Governors that are banding together to try and push Trump aside.

Since the aid package allows the Secretary of the Treasury to set conditions, it could boil down to a “If you want to do it on your own, you’re really doing on your own. You screw with the rest of the country’s recovery, we’ll just have to ensure they get the aid. You fuck it up, you lose.”

This is kind of like NY Governor demanding 10,000 federal ventilators when he didn’t need that many. Screw what the rest of the country needed from the limited supply.

BTW, the Constitution gives the federal government precedence over state government. I’m a believer in state’s rights but when a state takes actions that affect other states, then the federal government has the constitutional right and obligation to take control and enforce compliance with federal authority.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Feel free to click on the NY Post article I posted above. Is that more convincing to you?

NY Post articles about medical advice generally don't sway my opinion. Same with the National Enquirer.