• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Cold War revisited

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
A set of the awful PVS-5's in those days would have been a extreme rarity in the Navy helo world

Suppose they could observe this surfaced sitting duck by plain vision - there weren't any Soviet ships around until dawn. Russian sources claim the boat skipper didn't evaluate the depth and the abilities of his main sonar so his guys on watch hadn't been able to hear the whole BG Bravo crowd, not just carrier alone. Yet to me it is the result of a boss aboard: the SubRon CO was there and constantly messed with the skipper as to "where the carrier is"...

Farva01

BKR
pilot
Somewhat related as this is a history discussion, but the new SECNAV has picked a fine short range target for something he can fix.

The history community in the Navy is a bit lost and the History and Heritage Command is on the ropes. The new guy, likely recognizing he has a small window of opportunity, is looking to make the Navy's history relevant (and popular) once more and that is a plus for the service.
I would like to see a process where outgoing CO's are interviewed for about 30 minutes for holding on to historical documents/history.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I would like to see a process where outgoing CO's are interviewed for about 30 minutes for holding on to historical documents/history.
That is common practice for all brigade commanders (O-6) in the Army. I could see how a Navy squadron command would work the same way and have a good impact.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Does the Navy have a historical program? Every Marine command has to submit a command chronology every year. It’s super neat

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Does the Navy have a historical program? Every Marine command has to submit a command chronology every year. It’s super neat
I was just about to come back in and ask if the Navy has a command history program...basically an annual wrap up of what happened. They are fantastic documents.

Farva01

BKR
pilot

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was just about to come back in and ask if the Navy has a command history program...basically an annual wrap up of what happened. They are fantastic documents.
A worthless, stupid waste of everyone's time... including yours.