• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Civilians and flight jackets.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I always smiled that I spent "most days underway" in my blue coveralls, while my SWO bosses spent the time in their new flight suits. Past the last sea bouy, who cared?

Oh, my. :eek: Most self-respecting Aviators avoided the coveralls all together. I'm sure you got some flak from the SWO daddies. While on CSG Staff, I wore either my flight suit or long sleeve wash Khakis.....I could not lower myself to wear SWO jammies.....I love my aviator jammies just too much. :D

-ea6bflyr ;)

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
SWOveralls, flight suits, wash khakis...don't worry, friends, we'll all be cammo-ed up soon!

web_051101-N-2410F-001.jpg

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
SWOveralls, flight suits, wash khakis...don't worry, friends, we'll all be cammo-ed up soon!

web_051101-N-2410F-001.jpg
All I see are two sets of floating heads and hands. Creepy.

Seriously, nothing screams naval heritage and tradition more than cammies.:icon_tong

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Bumped into a reservist a few weeks ago wearing one and after seeing it, I would love to have one. Not sure if the Active duty guys would give me shit about it though. It's a way cooler looking jacket than the CWU-45/P or CWU-36P. Too bad they don't make them in NOMEX anymore.

"That's not authorized for wear...blah, blah, blah"

-ea6bflyr ;)

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Bumped into a reservist a few weeks ago wearing one and after seeing it, I would love to have one. Not sure if the Active duty guys would give me shit about it though. It's a way cooler looking jacket than the CWU-45/P or CWU-36P. Too bad they don't make them in NOMEX anymore.

"That's not authorized for wear...blah, blah, blah"

-ea6bflyr ;)

They are authorized for wear. We had several of them in my last squadron (including the CO) and I've been looking to pick one up (preferably throught the supply system) for awhile. Just never got around to it.

B

Blutonski816

Not gonna go there. It's been done: http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8348

Back on track: anyone wear a Vietnam era G-8 Flight jacket (also called 1G8WEP - Marine Corp WEP Jacket)?
-ea6bflyr ;)

I knew a guy who lived 2 doors down from my friend's dorm room. He was into the stargate show and while we were getting ready to go around the corner for some In-n-Out, he put on one of those, unfortunately it was all faggoted up with stargate patches... I asked him if it was a new repro and he said it was an old one he got off eBay...
I hated the guy for the rest of the day... such a cool old-school jacket that admittedly I wish I had... only to be covered in gay stargate flair....
:icon_rage

Too bad they don't make them in NOMEX anymore.

from what I'm told, they've always been made of nylon... even the VN era Issued ones
but this is third-hand information...

Renegade One

None
They are authorized for wear. We had several of them in my last squadron (including the CO) and I've been looking to pick one up (preferably throught the supply system) for awhile. Just never got around to it.

I'd just point out that there probably is a difference between "what people get away with...including leaders" and what is really "authorized for wear". Don't believe the WEPs were EVER made of anything but nylon (e.g., never made in NOMEX)...since they were actually the upper half of an extreme cold-weather outfit. Brown pebble grain roper boots used to be worn too, although they were never authorized either. You get my point. Crud, you can wear a NASCAR jacket in your ready room if you want, but it's not an authorized piece of uniform clothing...or issued as a piece of authorized flight equipment.

The older I got, the more I realized that a big part of my job was enforcing standards and setting the right example. Once I figured that out, getting dressed became a lot easier, choice-wise.

There, I think I've fulfilled today's need for an input from a grizzled old type, which is how I think I got caught up in this thread in the first place. "You young whippersnappers...why, back in MY day, (fill in the blank)."

Don't even get me started on how many patches are "authorized" on the leather flight jacket...

V/R, Spike

gotta_fly

pilot
I knew a guy who lived 2 doors down from my friend's dorm room. He was into the stargate show and while we were getting ready to go around the corner for some In-n-Out, he put on one of those, unfortunately it was all faggoted up with stargate patches... I asked him if it was a new repro and he said it was an old one he got off eBay...
I hated the guy for the rest of the day... such a cool old-school jacket that admittedly I wish I had... only to be covered in gay stargate flair....
:icon_rage

A few years back there was a kid on my campus who wore an "official" stargate uniform complete with a shoulder patch and some kind of rank. He wore it daily until we started saluting him, then he stopped.