• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Civilians and flight jackets.

Flugelman

Contributor
Looks familiar. But it might be a different old jacket than mine.

And I would wear mine today.......if I could still fit in it. :(

Yep, my leather jackets have the same problem... shrinkage!:D:eek:

(With apologies to Jason Alexander)

FlyinRock

And missing socks turn up as empty hangars in the same closet .......
I use my flight jackets and dress Blues to motivate me to keep the extra weight off. Sure ain't easy these days.
Semper Fi

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Ooh, the Flying Tigers jacket raises a good issue. I have been obsessed with the Flying Tigers since I was 4 years old and always wanted one of the jackets. I figured it would ok to wear one as sort of a tribute or in honor of them. Now I may have to reconsider that and just display it on the wall.

phrogpilot73

Ooh, the Flying Tigers jacket raises a good issue. I have been obsessed with the Flying Tigers since I was 4 years old and always wanted one of the jackets. I figured it would ok to wear one as sort of a tribute or in honor of them. Now I may have to reconsider that and just display it on the wall.
Dude, it's fine. When you start saying that you earned the jacket while flying missions in China, then you've crossed the line.

rrpilot

That is CV/CVA/CVS-18. This girl:

CVCARD.JPG

My dad also cruised on her back in the mid 60's with VS-28. My dad still wears his flight jacket with the same USS Wasp patch, A VS-28 patch, "Task Group Bravo" patch, and an air group patch with a sample of the 4 squadrons that were on board, HS-11 being the helo rep.

The A&P for Raymond Corp at BGM was in VS-28 in the mid 60's also they may know each other, he worked on S2 Trackers...I can't remember his name for the life of me. His first name was Clyde, real nice guy always let me look over his shoulder and put up with my questions...