• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Carrier - A 10 episode PBS Series

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Get used to it! This IS the navy. (Never turn a corner without looking.)

Steve:)

Oh yeah, I mean, I was the one who noted a mod must've changed it. Stupid me just didn't look to see who it was; I was just saying I should've figured Schnugg was the one... :)

BackOrdered

Contributor
Riiiiiiight. Cause the AF has a monopoly on crappy uniforms....

The Crackerjacks at least show a sense of tradition greatly lacking in the AF that drew me to the Navy. Dating back nearly two centuries, they act as one of the most recognized symbols of American strength and culture. From Norman Rockwell paintings of the early 20th century to cartoon mascots today, they symbolize American Naval culture like no other uniform.

Now would I wear them? No. :D

brownshoe

Contributor
Oh yeah, I mean, I was the one who noted a mod must've changed it. Stupid me just didn't look to see who it was; I was just saying I should've figured Schnugg was the one... :)

Whom ever... just keep a sharp eye. Trust me... you'll like the fleet;)

Steve

brownshoe

Contributor
The Crackerjacks at least show a sense of tradition greatly lacking in the AF that drew me to the Navy. Dating back nearly two centuries, they act as one of the most recognized symbols of American strength and culture. From Norman Rockwell paintings of the early 20th century to cartoon mascots today, they symbolize American Naval culture like no other uniform.

Now would I wear them? No. :D

I did... and with pride.

Steve

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
Diabolical, Mr. Schnugg. Diabolical.

You can keep the fatty. But the ones in the background.... Oh yeah! Here's the original. For posterity. For the Navy dudes to ogle if NMCI allows the pic without a red X. And maybe for a little ANG recruitment

a0draa.jpg

BackOrdered

Contributor

You can keep the fatty. But the ones in the background.... Oh yeah! Here's the original. For posterity. For the Navy dudes to ogle if NMCI allows the pic without a red X. And maybe for a little ANG recruitment

a0draa.jpg

That pic never gets old here it seems.

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor

a0draa.jpg

She was an Ammo troop in the ANG and from a Viper unit. Pic was taken in Qatar.

Gator NFO

former TACAMO NFO
None
Were you one of the guys in the "circle of trust" powwow?:D

Yeah, I was at the table. My roommate created the circle of trust, and it became an ongoing joke as to who was trying to get into the shooter circle of trust.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone else notice that there's no narration, voice-overs, subtitles, or anything like that? The only people talking are the crew. I dig that.

phrogpilot73

I think it's a pretty good show, although I'm tired of listening to the 10%... It always amazes me that the young enlisted guys bitch about the officer's accomodations/food but they never bitch about the chiefs.

DODO and I were in VT-6 together. It's weird to see his goofy face in high def. I need to send him an email...

Flugelman

Contributor
... but they never bitch about the chiefs.

We (VP types) met some Chiefs from the USS Enterprise at the Cubi Chief's Club back in '78. They invited us to come aboard for lunch and a tour. The Goat Locker ran about 120 degrees when they were steaming (nukin' ???) and most of the Chiefs slept elsewhere then. Don't know about newer ships today but that seemed kinda harsh to me.

BTW, when we went aboard, I made the JO at the brow promise not to untie any ropes while I was aboard. :D

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Back to the series..... In all honesty, I'm pretty disappointed. I feel like I'm watching a high school drama, ( The Hills, or the O.C. )

Amall

Does anyone else feel like they are mostly highlighting the lives of the crew who are 19, from broken homes, dislike their job or the Navy (or both), etc.? It makes it sound like a freakin' juvenile delinquent center or something.