• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Carrier - A 10 episode PBS Series

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Just caught the first episode. It's pretty surreal to turn on the tv and see the last pilot you flew with.

drace

I liked Carrier: Fortress at sea MUCH better
Agreed, but this seemed to have a bit more of a candid attitude. Were there any other aircraft besides Hornets present on the Nimitz during that cruise? I would have loved to see some good Prowler footage.....

dephyler

Contributor
Agreed, but this seemed to have a bit more of a candid attitude. Were there any other aircraft besides Hornets present on the Nimitz during that cruise? I would have loved to see some good Prowler footage.....

Supposedly it's coming. The website has a bunch of clips that they took out, some of them have a few prowlers, and they talk about the power of the intakes. I'm hoping that some of the future episodes that focus on the aviation side talk about all of the aircraft.

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
My personal favorite lines: "I guess I could've joined the Air Force? Yeah, but then you'd be married to a dude!"

Followed closely by: "If it wasn't for Top Gun you'd be married to a troll."

In a time of PC, we've got it on record....and video...the Navy/Marine Corps universal view on our brothers in blue.

That's cool. At least I don't have to wear a nametag on my butt for those.... "akward moments"....

"It's not gay if you're underway"

Xtndr50boom

"It is gay if you're Air Force."

...IAW the whole "Navy tells you what you can't do, Air Force tells you what you can."

Pfft. AF deploys, we don't "get underway". F-15C drivers notwithstanding, not much reason to be gay in the AF.

Besides, what would you rather have?

875867kljdi1.jpg

V -- A little something so the O's will stop stealing our women
KillerChick.jpg

Mmm hmmm...Mmm hmmm...USAF cheerleading squad...I like.
fat_girl.jpg

Or this?

RC_Navy.jpg

dragon502b.jpg

PICFORwebsiteBOISEAUG302002SailorDanceratBalcony.JPG

... I rest my case

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Great now I have to go wash my eyes out. ^^^^^^ Is that what AF types do on liberty? :D

BTW: +1 for top pics and -1 for bottom pics = +0 (you averaged out!)

-ea6bflyr ;)

Xtndr50boom

Great now I have to go wash my eyes out. ^^^^^^ Is that what AF types do on liberty? :D

BTW: +1 for top pics and -1 for bottom pics = +0 (you averaged out!)

-ea6bflyr ;)

Unfortunately, yes. That was a more "candid" shot of the latest 15C driver to add to their sterling, read: gay, reputation.

Here's another shot of him, sans sailor hat

af_dustin_ripley287p.JPG

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Pfft. AF deploys, we don't "get underway". F-15C drivers notwithstanding, not much reason to be gay in the AF.
... I rest my case
Yes, the Air Force has hot women - that's because no one in the Air Force can get laid by telling a civilian they are in the Air Force.

...and you need constant visual reinforcement to keep from going gay under the pressure of those fabulous blue uniforms.

Xtndr50boom

Wow....is pic #3 for real, Xtndr??

Yes, it surely is. Taken at Al Udeid sometime in 04 or 05. Scuttlebutt says she's in the Colorado ANG. Should be in the Guard recruiting pamphlets if you ask me.

:tongue2_1

Amall

I would like to say, as a woman who currently works for the Navy but is joining the AF, this entire thread has gone hilarious.

I would also like to mention that i'm on a similar blog/forum for AF OTS, etc. And they have nothing but, positive things to say about naval aviators and the navy in general on their thread about the Carrier series.

Additionally, I am not so big a fan of the AF blues myself. However, I count Navy White Season as my favorite time of year. :)