• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Career Reflections by Pickle

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I'm not saying you should down 6 Dayquil and go fly, but a couple of Motrin (which most flight docs say you can take without asking them) and some saline nose-spray(not medicated) go a long way...Afrin in the sleeve is a must, and if I can't clear, I won't fly.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Who the fuck has group PT?

Depending on command and community (and CO), it's not unusual.

I'm not saying you should down 6 Dayquil and go fly, but a couple of Motrin (which most flight docs say you can take without asking them) and some saline nose-spray(not medicated) go a long way...Afrin in the sleeve is a must, and if I can't clear, I won't fly.

Not everyone's physiology is the same...nor is their geographic location. When I get a cold, it goes to my head. It sucks, but in the past, after 3 days, it was usually fine and no longer than 5 days later (usually less), I was flying again. Then I moved to the crap air particulate capital of the world known as Milton/PNS. I would repeatedly get sick (again, it would get in my sinuses) for a minimum of a week, usually 10 days. The first time (until I figured out my own meds), it took several weeks. I wasn't the only one. Guys would check in and a lot (I'd say at least 30-40%) would get the same crud. This was post-Ivan/Katrina/Dennis.

Pickle, the good news is that the flight docs at Whiting are there to get you back into the cockpit as quick as possible. They understand the demands of production, so there's far less meddling and much more "how can I help."

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
1600mg? Impressive.

koolaiddrinker

"Strategic Planner" Hahahahahahaha
pilot
Well, looks like some hard work paid off, I got verbals to Whiting, Get to keep flying and hopefully try to pass some knowledge to nuggets...God help us...I'm pretty excited, now just have to get this pesky deployment out of the way....
Congratulations on the orders, pickle. Seems like only yesterday you were trying to "friend" one of your department heads on Air Warriors (and yes, I still lurk here, helps me feel like an aviator on staff duty). Be careful out there, both in your next VP adventure and the VT's. I would concur with your well earned advice (though my theory of P-3 minutia has always been associated with the relative lack of mortal danger in our community as compared to many of our comrades).

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Congratulations on the orders, pickle. Seems like only yesterday you were trying to "friend" one of your department heads on Air Warriors (and yes, I still lurk here, helps me feel like an aviator on staff duty). Be careful out there, both in your next VP adventure and the VT's. I would concur with your well earned advice (though my theory of P-3 minutia has always been associated with the relative lack of mortal danger in our community as compared to many of our comrades).
Thanks Ma'am...

A6 Mongo

Just found this forum and looks great. My active duty was as an A-6 B/N but I was able to get into VP-65 as a Reservist in 1991 and flew as a Nav/Comm for 4 years until I made CDR and was booted out LOL. I enjoyed the hell out of my tour there and have some fond memories of the big bird.

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
Pickle has learned a lot in the last almost 3 years. He's actually turned into a halfway decent human being (the husband and father part is still lacking severely, but whatever... he's "an effin' pilot, baby!"). He's learned to shut up and color in no small part from his DHs.

What I've learned is that no matter how pissed you are at skeds, the DHs, the front office, or anyone in particular because your husband is SDO for the second time that week and multiple flights in the same week, do not show your ass. I have also learned to (mostly) shut up and color, but you can bet your sweet self that I will still put someone in their place if need be. I'm enjoying being a stay at home mom and wife, and I'm proud as hell of Pickle. I'm not ready to say goodbye to 46 and our life here, but I'm kind of excited to get back to Florida. Pickle is really excited about teaching on the T-6 down there.

He may be a little "special needs," but he's still my Pickle! :)