• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

C vs. E/F

badger16

None
Does anyone know where those photos were taken? I'd love to hear the story if anyone knows/ can share it.

Lawman

None
Does anyone know where those photos were taken? I'd love to hear the story if anyone knows/ can share it.

Careful who you ask that around, if he's in the Air Force it'll probably cause a storm of cussing and yelling about how the Rhino driver violated TFR's and broke the 1000 foot bubble around the Raptor just to get a "snapshot" gun camera shot as bragging rights instead of flying the mission profile.

Rhinos were Red Air flying against the Raptors is about the only confirmable thing about these photos. Again its very he said she said depending on which service you talk to. This came up over on F-16.net and the Navy/Bug bashing that insued was just crazy.

Huggy Bear

pilot
Well...
On a different, but entirely more important note, I would like to know why jake grafton, with the same number of posts as me, has three times the reputation. After all of the beautiful little nuggets of wisdom I have imparted. All of you who gave me "virtual rep points" while the rep system was down saddle up and pay up! :D

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well...
On a different, but entirely more important note, I would like to know why jake grafton, with the same number of posts as me, has three times the reputation. After all of the beautiful little nuggets of wisdom I have imparted. All of you who gave me "virtual rep points" while the rep system was down saddle up and pay up! :D

To quote Ted Knight, "Never beg." :D

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well...

You're fvcked now...

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
IAs for the HARM, that's not true. Not sure of the date of your information, but we carry HARM.
I suspect the information is outdated since you, the operator, is saying otherwise … but here is what my “source” wrote on page 6, Mar-Apr 2007 ed of Naval Aviation News …

Super Hornet Weapons Tested

The Air Force’s Arnold Engineering Development Center, Arnold AFB, Tenn., conducted a wind tunnel test of the F/A-18E/F in late December 2006 to certify the Super Hornet to carry new weapons. Store separation characteristics of the AGM-84H SLAM-ER, the AGM-88 HARM, and 14 other stores, in addition to testing the carriage load characteristics of the SLAM-ER, were evaluated.

S/F

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I suspect the information is outdated since you, the operator, is saying otherwise … but here is what my “source” wrote on page 6, Mar-Apr 2007 ed of Naval Aviation News …

Super Hornet Weapons Tested

The Air Force’s Arnold Engineering Development Center, Arnold AFB, Tenn., conducted a wind tunnel test of the F/A-18E/F in late December 2006 to certify the Super Hornet to carry new weapons. Store separation characteristics of the AGM-84H SLAM-ER, the AGM-84 HARM, and 14 other stores, in addition to testing the carriage load characteristics of the SLAM-ER, were evaluated.

S/F

There's your problem. The AGM-84 is a Harpoon, cousin of SLAM-ER. HARM is AGM-88.

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
We were certainly carrying HARM in Fallon. We didn't shoot any off, but I would assume if we can carry them, we can shoot them... otherwise they wouldn't be on the jet.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Affirm. Rhino can carry HARM. Still in the process of evaluating the SLAM-ER (though we can carry the AWW-13 pod to guide it)

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
There's your problem. The AGM-84 is a Harpoon, cousin of SLAM-ER. HARM is AGM-88.

Brett
Brett ... typo on my part

Fly & Turn ... like I said, I have no reason to not believe the operators, you fellas would know 'cause I don't ... I was just regurgitating (bad) info

Huggy Bear

pilot
You're fvcked now...

Still a measly one. Screw you guys, i'm going home.

cartman3.gif

That's the first I've heard WRT HARM, but I've been out of the tactics side for a few years. Obviously, the G will carry them, so it can't be an airframe issue. I dunno, do we really need more HARM trucks? I guess max flexibility would be best.

Brett

After some research the Rhino was built to carry all the same weapons as the Legacy hornet. The issue has just simply been awaiting testing and release clearance to carry mixed loadouts etc, due to pylon design(canted). I just talked to an old buddy at PAX River and he confirmed...the Rhino has flight clearance to carry and realease HARM.

EA-18G Shocker....woo hoo. He also passed right now the G is 4 g limited until further testing is completed due to wingtip loadouts and wing flutter. Interesting fact.

Bolterking says he'd take an A vice an F on E-M diagrams... yeah, but without JHMCS and -9X, the A's superior rate numbers aren't buying you much. For that matter, I'd rather have ALQ-214 than ALQ-126, APG-79 vice APG-65, and twice as many expendables vice half as many.

Like EOD said, we'd all love more sheer performance, I'm hard-pressed to believe we've lost more than we've gained in -18 development.

How about a lightning pod? :D Oh well...so much for dreams