• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

C vs. E/F

MasterBates

Until they make blade fold work correctly, I would not trust it.. They want to use the same "low current slip rings" that cause havoc whenever it rains with de-ice and bladefold.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Does anyone have a Hornet syllabus?

Does anyone have a Hornet syllabus? Events, stages, flight hours, sim hours?

Pap

Naval Aviator
pilot
Its been a couple of years but this is what remember. Fams, Forms, couple of Radar intercept stages, Strike, BFM, Air to Air phase and probably a couple of other ones that I dont remember.

I got 90 hours in the Jet. Also, probably about 50ish hours in the sim.

Murdoc

New to the forum. Rules say I need to post that.

This discussion has been about the single seat vs WSO option of Hornet. What about Hornet vs JSF. The Marines are now picking the up and with the F-22 getting hosed by congress in favor of making more F-35s, it seems it would be a valid discussion point. Given the option to begin a career in a brand new plane or one that will begin phase out, which is a better choice, fly the new one now or transfer to it later?

Thread resurrection.

What is the career advancement outlook for E vs. F drivers? I know that with a smaller wardroom, E pilots have more collateral duties. Does this result in more FITREP bullets? Faster promotion?

MasterBates

Officers don't promote faster or slower. It's more of a make it or not at promotion boards. Way far out for you now, but you will screen with your chronological peers, at least within your designator.

Ranking within your summary group (other LTs or LCDRs) is the bug thing, not collateral duties or jobs held.

Officer promotion is straight off the FITREPs, and is a different animal than junior enlisted. You would not be the first prior with grossly incorrect preconceptions about officer promotions.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

Officers don't promote faster or slower. It's more of a make it or not at promotion boards. Way far out for you now, but you will screen with your chronological peers, at least within your designator.

Ranking within your summary group (other LTs or LCDRs) is the bug thing, not collateral duties or jobs held.

Officer promotion is straight off the FITREPs, and is a different animal than junior enlisted. You would not be the first prior with grossly incorrect preconceptions about officer promotions.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

So a 1 of 20 in an F squadron would be better looking than a 10 of 20 in an E squadron, regardless of what collateral duties they held? I think that I do have some incorrect preconceptions. Thanks for responding

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Please, educate me then. I'm going off of the lack of opt-out for DH along with a brief from PERS-4 actual.